What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here are the photos (I hope)

N. albomarginata
N.%20albomarginata%2003-1-15.jpg

H. minor
H.%20minor%2003-1-15.jpg

N. clipeata
N.%20clipeata%2003-1-15.jpg

N. eymai
N.%20eymai%2003-1-15.jpg

N. lowii
N.%20lowii%2003-1-15.jpg

N. macfarlanei
N.%20macfarlanei%2003-1-15.jpg

N. mindanaoensis
N.%20mindanaoensis%2003-1-15.jpg

N. reinwardtiana
N.%20reinwardtiana%2003-1-15.jpg

N. spathulata x spectabilis
N.%20spathulata%20x%20spectabilis%2003-1-15.jpg

N. veitchii
N.%20veitchii%20highland%2003-1-15.jpg

N. x coccinea
N.%20x%20coccinea%2003-1-15.jpg

tell me what you think

more to come

Very nice Jeremiah! Love the Veitchii and Coccinea!
smile.gif
My N. veitchii is absoulutly gorgeous. I love it.

Good job.

I love my Nikon Coolpix! I bought the 5700 model in hopes I won't need to buy another camera for some time to come but it was a toss up between this one and the 4500 (I like that swivel lens a lot).

How large is that lowii pitcher there? The pitchers on mine are only about the size of a pea and have no real pitcher shape yet, more tear drop shaped I've had the bugger six months!
sad.gif

kool pics, heck from checking out the topic on N.clipeata and from looking at the plant you got there is a big diff. in looks from a seedling and from a mature plant. your lowii you have looks to be the same size as the one i just got a month or so ago.the N.macfarlanei you have is more purpleish then the one i got mine more of a white color w/ purple spots. its cool to see the N.reinwardtiana pitcher thu cause mine has yet to pitcher yet since i got it.

Very nice
biggrin.gif
. Wish I had a digital camera
sad.gif
. Do the spectabilis hybrids (ex. N. spathulata x spectabilis) develop darker pitcher colors as the plant matures?

Interesting how even on a young specimen the veitchii has that huge peristome, eh? Hehe. I like the reinwardtiana too! Very elegant!

I like the N reinwardtiana pitcher the best too!!
smile.gif
The N albomarginata pitcher is cool too, and so is the N veitchii!!

biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work!
smile.gif

nepenthes gracilis
do you have a photo of your N. veitchii I would love to see yours

swords
the lowii pitcher is 1 3/8in tall

ragnarok
yes the N. spathulata x spectabilis do get much darker pitchers I will try to get a photo of one of the darker pitchers asap

Jeremiah,

Thanks for sharing your photos!
Good growing!

Just wondering, because my N. ventricosa x spectabilis has the same colors as your spath x spec, but is supposed to get a lot darker. And that's a nice N. veitchii
smile.gif

Hi Jeremiah,

nice plants and nice pics! Are you sure about your N. macfarlanei? The pitcher colouration and lack of hairs under the lid are unusual but may be due to the young age of this plant.

Joachim

Looks like macfarlanei to me, just a younge plant.
smile.gif

My N. Veitchii I can post later tonight.
smile.gif

I got the macfarlanei from Tony
I have never seen a photo of a small plant
do you have a small one

N. spahulata x spectabilis
N.%20spahulata%20x%20spectabilis%20side.jpg

N. hamata
N.hamata.jpg

N. inermeis
N.inermeis.jpg

N. rajah
N.rajahpitcher.jpg

N.sumatrana
N.sumatrana.jpg

thanks for sharing the pics once again. i have a N.macfarlanei from the same person i'll post a pic later so we can see the diff.

Off topic insert:

Do any of you think that the hamata would do OK with temps down to 50 and up to 90?

Also, do I take it that the pitchers also engage in photosynthesis on a large scale? Seem a lot of biomass otherwise.

The plants look good Jeremiah!

On the N. macfarlanei.  The one you have is from Borneo Exotics while the one you have George is from Malesiana Tropicals.  The hairs don't seem to be very common.  I have only seen it a few times on a couple of the larger seedlings.  It would be good to see a picture George to compare with.  And perhaps Rob can give some information as they are seed grown.

Tim, 90 is a bit warm. I try and keep the plants no warmer than 85. 50 at night would not be a problem. N. hamata needs very high humidity as well. How well it would handle the 90 degrees would depend greatly on humidity and air movement. When my misters are on there is a fine mist floating through the air and circulating around the plants during the heat of the summer.
Tony

These are nice pics. I could not help but notice the pitcher:leaf ratio of several of these plants was excellent, especially on the N. hamata and N. rajah. You must be doing something right. Are all these coming from Tony(except the one that was obviously from Malesiana)?

Regards,

Joe

The Griffin
yes all but the N.sumatrana and the N. albomarginata came from Tony

Thanks
Jeremiah

Back