What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs 2005 season

Oh goodie goodie goodie! Another horizontal image to stash away from Brooks. Nice clump 'o minors honey!

Great photos sarracenia.

Is the oreo Sand Mountain x moorei the same one from The Savage Garden?

How long does it take your seedlings to become adult sized as well?

Some photos from today:

alata.jpg

S. alata red lid De Soto, Mississippi

diane.jpg

S.x 'Diane Whittaker'

leucooreo.jpg

S.x leucophylla x oreophila

moorei.jpg

S.x moorei red (Sarracenia Nurseries)

moorei2.jpg

The lid from above (not brilliant focus - my camera kept insisting it needed the flash even though it was a fairly bright July day)

mooreioreo.jpg

S.x moorei x oreophila (lots of leuco in this hybrid!)

swan.jpg

S.x swaniana

leucos.jpg

Leucophyllas

leucored.jpg

S. leucophylla red tube Perdido, Alabama. Newly opened pitcher before it turns pink.

Alvin,
That perdido leuco turns PINK!? Nice, I got to see that.

a collection of mooreis

mooreis.jpg

Stunning!

Here's a little photo of the leucophylla from the person I bought it from (I'm sure Rowan won't mind):

images

Oh Alvin, how I wish my alata 'red lid' would actually get a red lid in full sun.....I bought it as red lid from a very reliable grower from the netherlands, but one of the pitchers has been open for over a month and no red is in the lid
smile_h_32.gif

(BTW the plant stands in full sun in my half finished greenhouse)

That sounds strange. I don't know what to suggest really
smile_l_32.gif
Maybe you could buy another red lid from another source and sell the first one as a plain alata.

I have good news!!!! topday I checked it and its lid is turning red!!! yippeee!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

A shot of S. 'Hummer's Hammerhead' this morning

Shummerhammer.jpg

and a spring shot from the first leuco I ever bought back in 2001 from Bruce Bednar.

sleucospring.jpg

KD,
That HHH is deliriously beautiful. Mine is still a runt and I think it now has a fungus problem. RIP

SO

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ July 08 2005,6:34)]Great photos sarracenia.

Is the oreo Sand Mountain x moorei the same one from The Savage Garden?

How long does it take your seedlings to become adult sized as well?
Alvin,

I got that plant from CA Carnivores, however, I got it as a seedling, so I don't think it's the same one as in the book. I haven't raised any seedlings to adult size yet. I just started a couple of years ago. My oldest ones are in their 3rd year of growth now and are around 4-6 inches tall. I have some in their second year of growth that are about that big as well, and those got regular fertilizer treatments in their first year, while those in their 3rd year of growth didn't get fertilizer until they were 1 yr old.

some new pics:

S. alata:
alatan.jpg

(alata x oreophila) x mitchelliana:
axoxmitch.jpg

BobZ's H3 hybrid:
bobz.jpg

'Bug Pipes':
bugpipes.jpg

'Cobra Nest':
cobranest.jpg

'Dixie Lace':
dixielace.jpg

excellens x mitchelliana:

excellensxmitch.jpg

S. flava:
flavar.jpg

flava x mitchelliana:
flavaxmitch.jpg

flava x psittacina:
flavaxpsitt.jpg

inside 'Dana's Delight':
innerdana.jpg

'Judith Hindle':
judith.jpg

leucophylla x moorei:
leucoxmoorei.jpg

leucophylla x rubra gulfensis:
leucoxrubrag.jpg

minor x (flava x catesbaei):

minorxfxcat.jpg

'Night Sky':
nightsky.jpg

rubra gulfensis:
rubrag.jpg

(rubra x oreophila) x purpurea:
rubraxoxp.jpg

an unknown UNCC hybrid. i'm guessing something like rubra x catesbaei:
uncc.jpg

another unknown UNCC hybrid, looks to be a mitchelliana:
unccmitch.jpg

willisii x oreophila:
willxoreo.jpg

Alvin, your plants are beautiful... The shot of the Dana's Delight full of flies is fantastic (in a morbid kind of way).
smile_n_32.gif

Aaron, Alvin, Brooks-

I concur with Scupbucket's sentiments- your plants are awesome! Thanks for sharing with the group. Everytime I look in this gallery posting I add another "must-have" plant to my list of must-haves. Thanks for feeding the addiction, keep 'em coming.

Oh lemme see here what can I add to my lust list from all you people who are posting more photos-

Brooks, don’t do this to my sweetie. Haven’t you done me in good enough already? Those “tips” separated me from enough of my money and now you post photos of even more plants???  Bad Brooks!

Alexis, that S. alata red lid De Soto, Mississippi is awesome. I can’t get over the size on the lid to your S.x moorei red.  I have no idea what S.x swaniana is but that’s going on my lust list.

KingDom079, spectacular Hummer’s Hammerhead. I notice your pitchers are upright. I just bought one and my little pitchers are flopping. Did you stake yours to make it stand up like that?  Your plant is considerably bigger than mine and mine was just recently purchased and transplanted into a pot so maybe mine needs time? Any suggestions would be helpful as mine is definitely not looking knock down gorgeous like yours.

Aaron, Awesome flava x psittacina. I absolutely love that photo you took inside 'Dana's Delight'! Your rubra gulfensis photo with the fly should be published in a book somewhere it’s so good. Your photo of your ‘Bug Pipes’ is great and now I will add ‘Bug Pipes’ as wells as 'Night Sky' to my lust list.

OK, here’s a photo from me of my very first rubra alabamensis pitcher, I do see another pitcher forming down by the crown so I will soon have two-
4849c768.jpg

My pathetic attempt at an inside a “Green Surprise” pitcher- nope nothing in there-
6d362a4b.jpg

This is my pride and joy, it is my largest and most mature Sarracenia. This was from the NASC auction and was donated by JBL. The pitchers are just now opening up- yay! S. excellens-
3261e904.jpg

Here are some plants I recently purchased-
Case’s Resolve
24cbf4be.jpg

‘Judith Hindle’
c19fb121.jpg

“Flies Demise”
1d5a4006.jpg

This plant was a gift and it is so graceful and delicate.  It is one of my favorites. S. rubra gulfensis “Red”-
bb26d7a8.jpg

I like your red alabamensis Laura
smile_k_ani_32.gif

S.x swaniana is purpurea x minor by the way.

Back