What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photobucket users

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Normally, I use the PFT Gallery hosting site, but since I borrow a digital camera for my pics and have to re-size them, I thought I'd give Photobucket a try, because they automatically re-size.

Recently, I had my co-worker take ~40 pictures and tried Photobucket. I was uploading and after the third pic, a message in red informed me that what I was attempting to upload had a duplicate name - but it didn't Still, it refused to allow me to continue uploading different pictures. How do I get around this? What is its problem?

Also, it has the capacity to upload 19 pictures at the same time. I tried different combinations of approaches, but couldn't figure out how to upload, en masse. Any suggestions?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 07 2005,5:26)]I was uploading and after the third pic, a message in red informed me that what I was attempting to upload had a duplicate name - but it didn't Still, it refused to allow me to continue uploading different pictures. How do I get around this? What is its problem?
Try renaming the pic you are trying to up load. Just add a letter or number to the name to make it different.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, it has the capacity to upload 19 pictures at the same time. I tried different combinations of approaches, but couldn't figure out how to upload, en masse. Any suggestions?
Click on the arrow on the rightside of the "Submit Multiple Pictures" box. Click on the number of pics you want to upload then wait a minute while the page refreshes. When the page finishes reloading, you should have a column of 19 spaces with a browse button on the right side of each of them. You can type the pic location directly into the blank space or use the browse button to find them on your computers hard drive. The latter is fastest for me.

Edit: Once you have all the blank spaces filled, click the submit button, sit back, and finish reading War and Peace. Unless you're on DSL
smile_n_32.gif

there is also a box you can un-check it says something like "keep original photo names " or something. names them a string of numbers and letters but you can rename them later.

This is the ticket, "there is also a box you can un-check it says something like "keep original photo names " or something."

I've never had the problem, but i would think that renaming the picture, or doing the submit multiple pics thing. If you clicked the submit button twice, then you will get the conflict. I know it will happen if you do that, i clicked it twice, it gave me that message, but i then scrolled down and saw that i had the pic there.

i have had the message even if there wasnt another pic with the same name. sometimes its a legit error sometimes it seems to be a glitch

Sheridan, that's EXACTLY the scenario I had. When I began the process, I gave them all a new name, replacing the camera number. I quickly learned that it wouldn't accept dulicate names. So I DID change something for D. capensis or D. binata. So it went to Photobucket as unique names, differing by either writing D. or Drosera. THEN, it told me I had an existing name. That was what was so confusing. The fourth one I did was U. longifolia and I only have the one pic - no duplication.

I will try playing with it some more, especially the multiple uploads. Thanks, Steve!

In the meantime there are some great pics of my fingers and even a few of the plants!
smile_n_32.gif
biggrin.gif

Back