What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photo stitch from my cannon Zoom Browzer EX program

• Thread starter uphwiz
  • Start date

uphwiz

jimmy
these shots are are stitched automatically via the program that came with the camera.
The first is two shots. I think the stitch feature is going to have trouble with close ups.
growshelf022810.jpg
and this is with three shots, not sure if i should hold the camera at one point and turn it , or move it down
the length of the shot. :-(
it seems to be having trouble blurring the seams at this close range.
grow+shelf+2+020810.jpg
but in the larger scale it works great, just the more photos you add the smaller the image's vertical height becomes. this is of 8 shots , and its near impossible to find seems.
I had it printed on a 36" poster paper at off max they did a great job , i added two more stitched photos ,and they put them all on one sheet to make it more economical , and at the 36" length the vertical height is great.
jerrerson+pool+010110.jpg
If you have a way to blow the last pic up see if you can find the seems.
There are seven of them.
I really love this feature , for the out door shots.:-O
you can also take four shots, in a clockwise fashion to make a great poster.

have you tried using photoshop? the later versions from CS2 and up have the photomerge option too.

you need to stand in one point and pivot with each shot. you also shouldnt be changing your aperature during this either otherwise your depth of field will get all screwy...

Make sure to include about a fifth or so of the previous shot in the next; that way you get a better meld.

Close-ups are a bit more difficult, especially if you have any parallax error in the lenses, as seen by the way your tanks seem to curve. Or are they really round? :D

if your using photoshop cs4 their photostitch accounts for the lens distortion.... if you select the setting of course

the cannon Locks all settings once you take the first shot, and leaves a good portion of the last shot to help you line the next shot up , aperture should be the same ( i think) LOL
Ill try again later with a stand , there is a finish on zoom browzer EX that allows the crop of the unfinished edges i just missed a little so we can see all of the photo edges this time for critique purposes, and can get all the input possible for my next try.:-D

Some canon zoom browser photostich pics. One spot with tripod.
There will almost always be some barrel distortion. The curves in the pics you see.
4 PICS merged grand canyon. Click for hi res pic

2 PICS merged

3 PICS merged
stitchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg

Stand in one spot and take pics so they overlap.

Back