What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Philly flower show

Hi All
My family went to the Flower show in Philly, There were some CP's and some intresting other things. We got the chance to meet the owner of Fly Trap Farm and were able to see some displays of window box gardning. In the window box's they had CP displays but the picts didn't come out good (sorry)
sad.gif
But some did come out and here they are..

phillyshow.JPG

phillyshow1.JPG

These were from Temple University conservation group. They help preserve wet lads alont the East Coast.

phillyshow2.JPG

I am not sure which pict this is from but i am sorry that I might have another places pict mised with temples display. They both used the same type of ways to display the plants. The Other place is a wet land group that helps protect the NJ Pine Barrens.

phillyshow3.JPG

This Pict is a display of Coral and Air Plants that were put together for an ocean display.

phillyshow4.jpg

Here is a pict of the National Cancer Center display that is dedicated to Brest Cancer Patients. I thought that this was a Most beautiful showing and for to show awarness for Cancer at the Flower Show is a good thing. Plants in most case can Regrow but People do not! So why not make the best of our one shot deal a life.
Well Thats it folks Hope you all enjoyed!

Nice pics! Are you from Philly? I'm living in the Reading area - Wyomissing.

jimscott,
Had to look were Wyomissing was. I'm about 1hr and 15 minutes from there.
I'm just below York in Red Lion. I take it your into fish from your message above your avatar. Go to That Fish Place often? I usually stop out there at least once a month.

I just HAD to visit once, while we were in Lancaster. I was impressed. I'd love to work in their saltwater department. Let's see, I think Warlock and definitely carnvourkid are also from PA. - much closer to you. Anybody else?

hi
I am from Philly, I go up tp Kutztown every so often to see my mom and stop by a place that gets carnivorous plants, I think it is called Tillys water works. any one else from the area?

Jim

jimscott,
When was the last time you were there?
They just got finished redoing the whole salt water setup about 2 months ago.

Back