What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phill mann

Has anyone heard from Phill Mann lately? I have not received an e-mail from him(joke or response) since last Summer. He is probably just busy, but I just wanted to make sure. I don't need to contact him. I was just concerned about him.
I posted this here, because his main passion with CP, is Nepenthes. He has a nice site (Southern Carnivores), if you have not seen it.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe, last week I did hear from him. He is still in the process of moving his home...

Joachim

Phill is an all or nothing type guy. I know he has had problems in the past trying to keep up with the emails he gets. I figure that with the move, he has bascially just flat out stopped with the emails until things get more together. He did write to tell my not to mourn the loss of N. argentii and that he would make good on all the material sent out as this species (come our spring, if there is one). I heard from a mutual friend that he is healthy, has lost weight, and feels better than he has in years. Phill's problem is that he is just so darned nice that over the years he has amassed an awesome number of friends and there is no way to give everyone even an inch of time, and still work, raise a family, move a collection, go on expidition, care for and send out plants. Not to worry though: after beating Hodgkin's lymphoma, lung cancer and Hep B I doubt that anything can really affect him. Other than Oswego winters, that is.

i will add something that Phil did take time from his move last month to e-mail me. even thu i havn't e-mailed him back cause i didn't want to bother him with all the stuff he is doing right now.

Tamlin, wow he has gone threw alot.

Wow, this is really digging up an oldie. I had no idea I asked this so long ago.
I know Aaron J has got some plants off of him lately. I have emailed a couple of times and he has not responded about a possible order.
Is anyone getting any news out of him, or replies?
I used to be a good customer of his and would like to be that again.

Thanks,

Joe

I hope he runs his shop again sometime soon...

Yes, I am eagerly awaiting his shop reopening as I bought most of my Neps from him two years ago and would like to give him some more business. Glad to hear he has made it through all those difficulties. He must really be an amazing person.

I got an email from him yesterday so I know he is still alive and kicking. Not sure what else he may have going on though. I can try dropping him a line, I'll let you know.

Phill says he is flat out with work at work and work at home. When he moved he lost nearly his entire collection and has been busy restocking from TC.

My first exotic neps were from phil and I have a very good impression of him.
smile.gif

Certainly hope the best for him and for him to resume business.

Back