What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Philips GreenPower LED flowering lamp trial

IMG_0028.jpg

gotta love the red!

Maybe I'll try a Ceph under it.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

sweet...

in that case no need for me to try it on a heli then, you been there and done that :)

hated the thought of removing it from the ceph, but wanted to try it on a heli

fwiw, cant say its solely due to the light but it also has the most pronounced cuticle of any ceph Ive ever had....
That's bound to increase the plants resistance to fungal attack imho

Oh that is one nice pitcher, love the color. I'm telling you call it "Hot Pink" or something and sell it on E-bay for $$$ ;)

Oh that is one nice pitcher, love the color. I'm telling you call it "Hot Pink" or something and sell it on E-bay for $$$ ;)

yep yep, and in fine print "YMMV, plant color is highly variable and may be influenced by environmental conditions"

lolol, I do like the name david uses for it
C. follicularis cv. "Chernobyl"

Has a lot to do with those icy temperatures, gents. I was perusing photos of my plants from the days when I grew them by the window and they're hardly recognizable.

its the tritium that does the trick ;-)

Last edited:
Looking good as always B. I am still not too sure about the rapid led combo fixture I made for my ceph. Still needs some time to see how it will do.

lets see pic V?

how long have they been under the new light?... it does take a while to get rolling, or at least it did on mine.

Has anyone ever been able to quantify how much led light is needed to match a fluorescent option when you are targetting the red/blue wavelength peaks?

Has anyone ever been able to quantify how much led light is needed to match a fluorescent option when you are targetting the red/blue wavelength peaks?

too many variables for a direct comparison imho...

(driver current, secondary optics, luminare efficiency etc)

Last edited:
lets see pic V?

how long have they been under the new light?... it does take a while to get rolling, or at least it did on mine.

Will get a new pic tonight B. I don't know...it just hasn't done too well. Could also be due to humidity/surrounding factors..i.e., media etc too...but I can't imagine it being media. Could be the container I am using too.

Forgot about this B... here it is...pics of the setup now with the plants.

19184138613_fa279ddf67_b.jpg
\\
19618423439_3b327447ec_b.jpg

I think it is washing out the plant...but I am not really noticing that great growth yet on these plants. I even made up humidity shields with plexiglass to kind of raise the local humidity in the microenvironment.

Very nice, Vraev! gosh red sphagnum makes everything look fabulous haha.

Very nice, Vraev! gosh red sphagnum makes everything look fabulous haha.

Lol that may just be the red colored LED but either way I think the plants in there look very nice & will start showing much more growth. Nice coloration & new buds show signs of good acclimation & I bet much more nice growth to come. I know nothing about cephs but love this nice little setup.

Thanks guys. ya...its a good sign the sphagnum is holding on to its red colour. I hope to give u guys a better update with better growth. But lets see. if anything...the VFT should do ok. ;)

Back