What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phalaenopsis orchid for nep or maybe sarr

On the trading block is a Dtps. Brother Victoria 'B#1" x Phal. Brother Passat 'Brother'.  This gets yellow and pink flowers and bloomed from two spikes this year.

Brother Phals come from a Taiwanese breeder and are warm to hot growers.  Especially the yellow ones.  So, unlike most of my orchids, I don't let Brother Phals stay out if temperatures are dropping much 60F.  Since I'm trying to minimize special handling, this orchid is looking for a new home.  If I had a lowland Nep chamber with some airflow, I'd mount the Phal and put it in there.  It would be an experiment, but I think it'll work.

I'm interested in species Neps (cuttings/started plants) that aren't ultrahighland or ultra lowland.  I already have:

N. fusca 'Sarawak'
N. khasiana
N. maxima
N. rafflesiana
N. sanguinea
N. ventricosa

I'll also consider special varieties of Sarr species, such as a Schnell's Ghost leucophylla.

Back