What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petiolaris Set-up

yes, Jim, it does.
Peter

But now I see the outer leaves of that center going to the sides. Of course that also coincides with my recent change in their setup, which is essentially a warm water bath (false bottom and submercible heater). So... what should I now do... or not do?

yes, Jim, it does.
Peter

That sounds soooooo Star Trek: "He's dead, Jim."

Fantastic setup pingman. very very nice...neat, professional and perfect plants. :)

How did you know?? Star Trek...one of the greatest shows on Earth!
Peter

So anyways, should I affect the environment or just provide stability of conditions?

"....I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer..."

Okay, seriously, the paradoxa plant, which had been dew-laden, is now dewless, as of a couple days ago. I can't pinpoint it being due to a possible dormancy, the new setup with the growlites / immercible heater, or maybe its last watering event. Any thoughts?

I think it is going dormant....or dying...YIKES!
Just know they have been known to die suddenly.
Like i said, i have had problems getting this one through dormancy. I'm not sure what it wants! warmer, wetter, dryer?
Oh well....
Peter

I'll just have to wait it out and not do any more "tweaking"!

Back