What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perlite

Someone from my Local K-Mart told me that Perlite has been discontinued and I couldn't find any. Has it been discontinued being made or not? Just wondering.

Perlite is still readily available as far as I know.
Perhaps they just meant "no longer carried at K-Mart" which is entirely feasible.
I have to go to a small, family-run local business to get mine.

Same here...most big box stores I believe carry the miracle-gro perlite but any non fertilized stuff I have to get at my smaller nursery.

if they sell pumice that's an arguably better substitute as it is inert. some perlite from certain sources could leach minerals and salts into the media = death for CPs.

Unless I want the miracle gro perlite (which I never do), I get perlite from a local nursery here. Just picked some up last week, 2 cubic feet $12. They had pallets of it, so I'm thinking it's a kmart only thing.

My local Fred Myer stocks non-Miracle Grow Perilite. Specifically, the Whitney Farms brand, which is the same brand I use for orchid bark.

They keep it in the section with all of their houseplants and decorative pots.

Back