What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People Pics!

I had Nep G over a few days ago so we grabbed the digital camera and took a couple pics.. so here ya go!

Nep G
nggh.jpg

Me
tounge.gif

tgh.jpg

Wow! Both of you are younger than I figured. I never really think of plant people being young (under 50), I guess CPers are a bit different than the african violet crowd!
wink.gif

If nobody minds I think we should open this post to everyone so we can all see what all the folks here look like (if they feel like posting them of course).

Nice pics - having a picture of someone and comparing it with the picture I got in my imagination from posts is always interesting!

Joachim

P.S.: You forgot to mention what species of Nepenthes Dustin holds in his hands - and did you have trouble getting it back
wink.gif

Hey Tony,
Is that a Truncata? Looks kind of like the upper pitcher....

hehehe....
smile.gif

As always, what I had in my head was WAY off from reality.

Don't ask why, but I always pictured Tony like one of those hippie ppl with messed up long hair and a mustache. LOL
tounge.gif

And for some reason..... I always pictured Dustin as a N gracilis...
confused.gif

Hallucinating-due-to-sleep-depravation-Jœl

wink.gif

O they came out good Tony!  
smile.gif
 I don't look to bad, looks like I am demented in that pic.  
tounge.gif
 BTW, Joachim, I have Tony's big Spectabilis "Gunhang Bandara". BTW, that's not my gh in the background.  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
 I will put up some pics of my gh as soon as I get a free site and my PC fixed! Darn worm got in but I think I have it irradicated so far but don't count on it!  
sad.gif

Nice pictures - glad to put a face with the names
wink.gif
smile.gif
. Those are some really nice plants. From what I see the greenhouse looks really nice from the inside too.

Thanks For Sharing,
travis

Now that Tony and I are not secret anyore now is the time for you all to post your pics!  
smile.gif

Hi Dustin,

I hope you got some nice addictions to your collection when visiting Tony! Sometimes it is very tough to put a plant back, when it has already entered the own hand - earlier this year it was nearly impossible for me to open my hand again, after it found its way to the N. trusmadiensis pot at a friends greenhouse...
wink.gif

OK, and here is a pic of a sad me selling some Nepenthes which outgrew my terrarium:
http://www.fleischis.com/Bilderb....zen.jpg

Joachim

Nice picture Joachim! Sounds like you need a bigger terrarium ;>

Yes that is a N. truncata Shloaty. Roughly 16-18"" across with 14" pitchers (haven't measured it lately). Nep G was close on the spectabilis. It's Gunung Bandahara clone from Germany.

Tony

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes that is a N. truncata Shloaty. Roughly 16-18"" across with 14" pitchers (haven't measured it lately). [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Awsome!! I have one coming in the mail either today or tomorrow. Now I REALLY can't wait!
biggrin.gif
wow.gif

Heh, it is hard to leave Tony's gh period!
smile.gif
Just love to look at his biggest Villosa and cute little Macrophylla!  
biggrin.gif
 Can't wait to grwo those species once I have a good setup for them.  BTW, Joachim if my hand found it's way to a Trusmadiensis pot you would have to pull out the plant to get it away from me!  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

I am happy that I have the chance to put the names with the faces!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

We have TONS of great people here!!!

Thanks for sharing all the pics!

Gee.. these "post your pic" threads kinda reminds me of those online personals.. maybe we should start a CP one! *laughter*
"SWF CP addict seeks SWM to hybridize with"

Ok sorry, bad joke..
tounge.gif

Hybridize with, heehee, how funny! ;P

Back