What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PAID (greenfire $25) Triantha sp. 'Burlington County NJ'

• Thread starter SubRosa
  • Start date

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
I'm offering seed from this very rare and almost certainly carnivorous plant. Opening bid is $1. You're probably aware of the recent discovery that Triantha occidentalis practices true carnivory. Well, there are 2 species from the genus found along the east coast as well. T. glutinosa is the more northerly species, while T. racemosa is more southerly in distribution. These seeds are from one of a handful of populations in the pine barrens of Burlington County NJ where the ranges of the 2 species overlap, and a form which differs slightly from either of those species is found. Current wisdom is that it's a naturally occurring hybrid. This seed has been stored dry in the refrigerator, so will need a standard cold, moist stratification as for Sarracenia. Plants are completely hardy in my zone 6 bog. You will receive a VERY generous portion of these tiny seeds, shipped in a padded envelope. These seeds are the result of a selfing, and the plants are definitely self fertile, but since I acquired a couple of other genetically unique individuals I decided not to plant these, but will be waiting until I get cross pollination to grow them out in bulk. Shipping is $3 paid by the winning bidder. Happy bidding!

Attachments

• 20230507_075952.jpg
    20230507_075952.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 3
$5!

$10

This item is paid. Please arrange shipping.

Back