What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P.weser

I just had a bunch of P.weser  seeds sprout, just curious if this is a temperate or tropical ping? Does P.weser require a dormancy period?

Thanks,
Andre

P. 'Weser' is a cultivar (P. moranensis x P. ehlersiae) , bred by Harald Weiner in 1981, it can only be reproduced by vegetative means (leaf cuttings, division, tissue culture) and not by seed.

There are many plants grown under the name P. 'Weser' that are clearly not this cultivar, many resemble P. 'Sethos', but I'm not certain they are this either; see Weser vs Sethos.

Your plants are probably an F2 hybrid of P. moranensis x P. ehlersiae, maybe even a P. 'Weser', but they are not the cultivar, and should be called F2. The parents are from Mexico, its best thought of as a sub-tropical alpine plant, they won't die back to a winter resting bud, but should be kept cooler (frost-free though) and drier over winter.

Vic

Thanks for the info,

I had bought the seeds from Triffidnurseries on his seed list he had them simply listed as: P. 'weser' .

On a side note they sprouted fast about a week and a half. I was pleasantly surprised.

Andre

Remember to label the plants as 'Weser' F2 not 'Weser'.

Back