What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

p. primiflora

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Does a p. primiflora(spelling?) need dormancy?

No, not to my knowledge. I know that they have a winter bud and a summer bud and that winter buds are the ones you want to do leaf cuttings with. Maybe an expert would know better.
Oh here. I forgot that I photo copied the Savage garden form the library.
Primuliflora are a warm-temperate that are the pings that do not form winter resting buds. They grow in the southern united states and can take light frosts and prefer constant waterlogged conditions. Hope this helps more.

P. primuliflora doesn't require a winter dormancy, I keep my plants at a winter minimum of about 8C. and wet all year round.
All the SE USA Pings are fairly short-lived plants and are prone to dying off fairly quickly, even under ideal conditions. P. primulflora is easier to propagate than the other species as it produces plantlets at the ends of it's leaves. I remove (cut off) and plant these babies when they have produced their own root system, thus maintaining this plant in my collection.

Cheers
Vic

Isn't it illegal to copy a copyrighted book, namely the Savage Garden? If so you are a naughty nauhty person Sauntell.
wink.gif

i have had a large primliflora I have had it for about a year or more now it rotts easily so i keep the medium damp and with good airation and its doing fine, of course i live in florida and it grows naturaly here, little north of me though.I am going to try pure long fiberd sphagnum for its babies this next year.

cheers,

Joel
biggrin.gif

I have had some experience with the North American temperate Pinguicula. I have grown lutea, primuliflora, and ionatha for up to 5 years without losing them. The trick seems to be to give them less water and humidity in the fall and winter when the plants are most prone to fungal attack, along with cooler temps. Primuliflora is an exception to this, I grow mine as a semi aquatic year round. Pumila is very short lived for me, and planifolia has given me problems in the past. I suspect I kept it too dry: this is another that actually likes to be submerged on occasion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wesley @ Sep. 21 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isn't it illegal to copy a copyrighted book, namely the Savage Garden?  If so you are a naughty nauhty person Sauntell.
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
It's only illegal to copy a book and sell it. I think

Copying an entire book is illegal. A few pages for research purposes is ok.

Back