What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. 'pirouette'

• Thread starter Vertigo
  • Start date
P_Pirouette_plantlets_closeup.jpg

P_Pirouette_plantlets_closeup2.jpg

Vertigo,

Very nice photographs. The first could use just a little more lighting, but the second is just right, good color, focus, and light.

Lovely plants! Nice Owen!
smile.gif

Thanks a lot PingMan.
biggrin.gif
I definately appreciate it.

I'm working on trying to modify some tupperware to work as a diffuser for the flash so when i'm snapping extreme closeups the lens doesn't create a shadow over the image. Should clear it up if I can bounce the light everywhere else.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Vertigo,

That sounds like a very good idea. I am planning to try it myself tonight. I do find that with the strong lavender and blues in the Pinguicula flowers, I have a difficult time getting the photo to accurately depict the flower colors and find that often the flash helps render them more true to their actual colors.</span>

Nice pics Vertigo!

One simple method I found to diffuse flash is to stick a piece of scotch tape over the flash. This allows you to easily take pictures with good lighting but without the glare typical of pictures taken with flash.

Back