What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P moraniensis

I have a p. moraniensis that's flowering and i wanted to know if its a good idea to let it flower seeing as its been about a month since i received it and its still recuperating from being 8 days in a bag. Also, is 'john rizzi' the same as moraniensis 'large clone'? Or did they send me the wrong plant?

i dont know a lot, but i tink maybe bloom dont kill the plant, but, best wait for other to tell you if is a good idea, im learing = ), i hope your pinguicula get more strong.

I have never stopped a Pinguicula from flowering. I have recieved some in flower that put up another flower within a week of having them.
I think most of the mexican species, stress very little while shipping, or maybe I am just lucky. They stress more for me when they don't like their growing conditions. Wrong media, not enough light..

P. x 'John Rizzi' comes from an unknown cross created by hummingbirds at Caliornia Carniovres. The parent was P. moranensis 'Superba' if I recall. For more details you can check The Savage Garden.

Back