What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. medusina pics...

Hello Friends,

Here's a few shots of some of my adult Pinguicula medusina plants. Here in Fl., they really do seem to despise the constant humidity and tropical conditions but seem to do best when cooler weather/Fall arrives...

Dormancy proved to be slightly tricky and an absolute dry period is a must, for at least 3 months in my conditions. ;)

Enjoy and Happy Growing,

Brian.

673154779_myYuu-XL.jpg

673154752_96dtT-XL.jpg

673154789_NGDbo-XL.jpg

673154733_Nrcnt-XL.jpg

That's absolutely incredible! The specimen that I had never got beyond a half dozen leaves and eventually died.

For despising your conditions it sure looks great; thanks for sharing.

Alas!

Finally a flower.... :)

Happy Growing,

Brian.

710074108_Xtjm7-XL.jpg

That is really very interesting plant! I am not much about pings, but this particular species is beautiful!

How are you growing it - media, watering, lighting,..

I really like this plant. Hope to have it someday.

its great how it produces plantlets on the tips of each leaf, shouldnt be hard to get tons of these beautiful pings

No, not hard at all.

I should plant mine in a pot with a diameter larger than that of the plant so that the plantlets won't just hang in mid-air and dry out.

Here are some pictures of a population of P. heterophylla in habitat with some plants exhibiting plantlets on its leaf tips . As Oliver Gluch wrote : " P. heterophylla plantlets on leaf tips : this is definetely not a unique feature of P. medusina..."

P_heterophylla(LR).jpg

P_heterophylla_plantlets_on_leaf_tips(LR).jpg

Your plants are really impressive Brian !

Thanks Eric,

Interesting information, that's something I wasn't aware of!

In my conditions, it seems higher humidity (70-80%) with cooler temps (55F lows, 75F highs) begins the production of the plantlets on the leaf tips. They do not seem to form in warmer, drier low humidity conditions.

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Woweeeee! Fantastic!

I need all of the details on how you keep yours, LOL
I also live in Florida, got one two days ago, and it's already dying. My first one also died almost instantly D: I guess inside on a sunny windowsill? o_O

wow, I never realized pings could or would form dew in such large amounts like that.

Back