What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. lusitanica seeds

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I have some P. lusitanica seeds available for SASE.

Post here and PM me if interested.
USA only.

As would I, if there are enough.

I like to try some if still available.

I would love some if there are any still available.
Thanks.
smile.gif

I've been wanting this plant for a long time. I'd love some seeds if there are any left.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Captotterboy @ June 21 2005,10:33)]Count me in, if you have any left!!!

`jeff
Sure do.
Sent a PM with the info.

I still have more packets left.

I'd like a packet, too, please. Thanks elgecko.

-D. Lybrand

elgecko, are these self pollinating? Or how can I pollinate the flower? One of the plants I got from you is flowering.

Hi Steve.If you have a pack left may I have it?

Jerry

P. lusitanica readily self-pollinates, Dave. It's very prodigious. The pod will turn orange-brown a week or so after it drops the petals, and will split open and scatter its seed shortly thereafter. No hand pollination is required.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ June 22 2005,6:02)]P. lusitanica readily self-pollinates, Dave. It's very prodigious. The pod will turn orange-brown a week or so after it drops the petals, and will split open and scatter its seed shortly thereafter. No hand pollination is required.
~Joe
Yeah, I just discovered that the hard way. I went to harvest two of the ripe pods and one of them burst all over my fingers. So I dipped them in my primordial, live LFS soup! It may not help, but it vouldn't hoyt!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ June 22 2005,5:58)]Hi Steve.If you have a pack left may I have it?

Jerry
Sure thing Jerry.

Scott,
I wait until the seed pod just cracks open on it's own. Then I carefully cut the stalk as close to the plant as possible, not spilling the seed. Then open up the packet to store the seed and turn the stalk over and all the seed falls out into the packet. Write date and seed contents and share.
smile.gif

elgecko Have you got any seeds left for SASE? If so I would be interested. Thanks

Seeds Came in today Thanks Steve. Will get them planted asap. Thanks again!

Josh

Back