What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. gypsicola progress pics

before

gypsicola4.jpg

now

gypsicola.jpg

gypsicola2.jpg

gypsicola3.jpg

peace,
Zero

Wow, it got huge. o.o It looks like a sea anenome.

Looking real good! Now let's see a flower!

That is one amazing Pinguicula! And the picture quality is amazing.

xvart.

Don't you mean "Sea Anemone"?
==========

zero,

Thanks for sharing your very nice plants and photographs.

It looks like you are doing a very exceptional job growing and caring for your plants. What are the details of your cultivation methods?

Here is an old photograph of a few of mine:

P_gypsicola_3Nov07_B.jpg

Joseph Clemens, thanks for the great reply.
The growing conditions are peat pearlite vermiculite sand and crushed coral.
lights T12 4ft floros with T8 bulbs and water 1/4 inch let to dry before watering again.
temps upper 50's night 70's day
they are a pain to propagate compared to other pings:(

Very nice indeed!

Zero,
For propagating, I've had good success laying the plucked/pulled leaves on the surface of a dry paper towel, then sealing them into a clear plastic container kept where they get strong, indirect light. After plantlets form they can be planted into adult conditions to finish their development.

Zero,
For propagating, I've had good success laying the plucked/pulled leaves on the surface of a dry paper towel, then sealing them into a clear plastic container kept where they get strong, indirect light. After plantlets form they can be planted into adult conditions to finish their development.

Except for the part about sealing them in a container, that's what these were:

IMG_0474.jpg

I just made a leaf sandwich with the leaves and put them right under a Grolite.

Back