What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. cyclosecta - up close and personal

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
My first Pinguicula - P. cyclosecta.

I also acquired a new used flash and some adapter rings for my macro bellows to allow using my enlarging and regular lenses. Note: the 'scratch' running through these pictures must be on the photo processors scanner as it is not on the negatives or the prints.

Plant is in a 5cm (2 inch) pot.

(Does the plant look familiar Peter?) 100mm macro lens:
02030033.jpg

50mm enlarging lens (where do you focus when the depth of field is only a few mm?):
02030037.jpg

02030036.jpg

28mm lens reverse mount:
02030035.jpg

When you see photos like that, it really makes you realize how amazing these plants are. Just think of how that plant evolved to have those glands and that fluid in order to assist in its growth.

NICE photos! Enjoyed that.

That made me reaally miss my pings though. :(

Thanks PAK! Pings are lovable.

I reduced those shots with some cropping on the first one. Here's a crop of the extreme close up without reducing the resolution of the image. Film grain :(

02030035a.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, I like how each pic gets proggresivley smaller and smaller...reminds me of this movie I watched in phyiscs...i wonder how small you could possibly get it without using a microscope. I also like how the dew magnifies everything around it.

Hi Warren, nice pics of P. cyclosecta!
Hope you have fun growing this one. It's a great Ping.
Peter

Amazing pics !!Very nice indeed.

AWESOME and AWE INSPIRING!

Thanks,
Steve

Great pics. They almost look like dews so up close. Wish a had super camera to take pictures like those.

Cool, I like how each pic gets proggresivley smaller and smaller...reminds me of this movie I watched in phyiscs...

"The Power of Ten" video? lol. Great video.

xvart.

Nice pics! Suzanne... would you like some Mexican pings? I just took several spoutlings out of their respective baggies the other day. I have spares to give when the weather warms up a bit.

Back