What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. "Aphrodite", P.luena (sorry spelling is alittle off)

any one heard of this plant? Im thinking of purchasing one of each from a dude online. If anyone has had any experience with ethier or both, please post your experience. Thankz

Hi Zach

I have not heard of the 'Aphrodite'. The other one...maybe you mean a p. lutea? I just got a lutea about a month ago. I also got a moranensis and an ionantha at the same time. Of the three pings, the lutea is the smallest. It has shown no growth, while the other 2 have been producing new leaves and one looks like its getting ready to put up a flower stalk. The lutea is a warm-temperate ping. Peter D'Amato states in his book "I have found it difficult to maintain long term in cultivation." I'm hoping my lutea will do ok but of the three, its the "weakest" looking. Don't know if this helps your decision any. But I look at it as a challenge to get it to grow. Its supposed to have very pretty sulfur-yellow flowers.

Might be fun to try them both if they don't cost you too much. Good luck!

Suzanne

oh, i meant P.laueana (a mexican ping w/ red flowers)

Ceph88,

I have 'Aphrodite.' I find it grows well under the same conditions as my moranensis so I would say it is quite easy. I have no experience with laueana but I have heard it is easy too. Might I inquire as to who you are purchasing yours from? I might like to talk to them come spring.

Pyro

I grow laueana, very easy Mexican type with winter dormancy. unusual with its bright red flowers

I don't grow either but laueana seems like a very pretty sundew, from what I've seen. If you can get a good deal on it, go for it.
smile.gif

Noah

Back