What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. 'Aphrodite', 'George Sargent', 'Titan'

Here's the status of the great ping hybrids Copper sent out a few months ago. Yes, I had a little fungus gnat issue for a while there. Seems to have subsided now, though. The P. 'George Sargent' is the smallest, it got off to a slow start due to root disturbance. Thanks Copper! (I know others got these, too, so post some pics of the progress!):
P_Aphrodite_George_Sargent_P_Titan.sized.jpg

And as long as I'm posting ping pics, here's my happy P. moranensis, which has been flowering for months. When I grew this under MH lights, it stayed green, but when I moved it under fluorescent tubes, it took on this blushed look:
P_moranensis.sized.jpg

Nice pings! I dont like the foliage on P.moranensis. I prefer green leaves.
I love the flowers though.

I am so glad to see they are doing well.  You will know how glad very soon
smile.gif

I like the blush.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Nice cultivation job and wonderful pics.</span>

That P.moranensis looks awesome, i think im gonna have to get me one of those here pretty soon.

That P.moranensis is stunning!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

that moranensis is absolutely fabulous, and i disagree with what Starman said, i think it's absolutely amazing.

I agree... I grow all my Pings under fluorescent tubes, and almost all of them get a nice tann:cool:

Update. Hre we are, less than 2 months later, and I now understand where the name P. 'Titan' came from!
P_Aphrodite_George_Sargent_P_Titan2.sized.jpg

I think I should have put this one in its own pot! Hey P-man, when taking cuttings from a huge ping like this, do you use a whole leaf, or just part of one?

Capslock

I always use the entire leaf including the base. The base where it is attached to the stem is the most important part for creating new plants. In order to facilitate this process, I usually take some leaf cuttings as soon as I receive my new plant and then I keep taking cuttings from the cuttings while they are still of a smallish size.]

Though the larger leaves usually produce larger plantlets.

i don't like the term "cutting" i never cut any leaves, i always gently pull them away from the mother plant. i think minimal damage is crucial to a new "pulling"

That ping is huge!

I like the P. moranensis with pink leaves. Mine is getting a nice pink color to it.

Back