What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. agnata x (moranensis x ehlersiae)

Here is a plant and its flower of Pinguicula agnata x (moranensis x ehlersiae) (well, I receive it labelled this way, but since I discovered yesterday another misIDed plants in my collection, we can't never be sure (or I am turning paranoid over the years!
tounge.gif
)

agnmorehl.jpg

Pagnmorelhflo1.jpg

A funny thing about this plant is that even if I switche the light cycle from 12/12 to 16/8 following the season, growing it under strong light, it refuse to flower for me under artificial light over 4 years of growing. But put it on a windowsill, it will produce larger, Lettuce-like leaf, and its pinkish coloration will disappear, but it will flower abundantly, almost non-stop all the year, in a terrarium or not.  
wow.gif
 It seems that some Pings like a little less attention from us apparently! lol

That's a beautiful plant you got there Tommy. That's interesting about the difference between artificial and natural light. Hmmmmmmm....

Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Perhaps your plant was responding to an increase in the fluctuation between day and night temps.

Back