What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. agnata and P. gigantea

lately both my P. agnata and P. gigantea have started producing rather fat and rounder leaves than the ones before them. Are they going into 'their' winter rosette? I know that they don't produce completely dry and succulent leaves like the others, so iare these their drier season leves?

Thanks!
-Dave

I can't answer for the p. gigantea, because mine isn't doing anything noteworthy, but from what I have read and experienced, P. agnata doesn't change its leaf shape in the winter. It doesn't form the smaller, densely packed leaves.

I'm pretty sure all Mexican Pinguicula change leaf form, and I've seen a picture of a P. agnata winter rosette.

-Ben

Not all of them do. I'll check the books, though.

No, officially not all of them actually have tightly compact, winter-rosettes. Though even Pinguicula agnata can form a more compact rosette of leaves during colder weather. Many will continue to bloom from these winter-rosettes, some only initiate flowers when in this form, or nearly so. And there are almost always exceptions -- seems like the plants like to effectively, make this face at we who grow them -->
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]exceptions -- seems like the plants like to effectively, make this face at we who grow them -->
tounge.gif

lol

Thanks

Back