What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outdoor Nepenthes lighting

I'll be moving into my new apartment in San Diego this December, but I've been gradually moving plants over to the new place these past few weeks. One of my big moves was my prized Home Depot rescue Nep, which I'm led to believe is a N. x Miranda. It's a monster of a plant that has survived just about everything I've thrown at it, and as of this past weekend, it's residing on our patio.

This patio receives what seems like bright indirect light/bright shade for most of the day and about two hours of direct afternoon sun from about 4:30PM until 6:30PM. I guess I just want some input on how you all think my plant will do outside in this environment. Like I said, it's been practically indestructible up until this point (watered via the tray system, repotting, growing condition changes, etc.). I'd also love some opinions from people who grow Nepenthes outside.

if u have been growing that nep without additional humidity...then I think it will do stellar. :)

Thanks for the reply vraev. The mere fact that it's been doing so well in less than ideal conditions is what gives me hope. I just hope the lighting is adequate.

Yeah, mostly indirect light will work well. Too much direct light burns them and sets them back several weeks.

Back