What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other's avitars'

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Others avitars. Do you see someone else's posts being spoken by their respective avitar? I do. Do you?

When someone changes their avitar, are you monentarily confused?

.. no?

I don't look at names. When I see a finch, I know it's you, a hedghog or a bottle of pills I know it's me, a beaverman, it's antilion, josh is audrey II, schloaty is the dragon karate dude, etc etc.

Hehe, I used to have that problem when I didn't visit very often. Now I'm not too phased by it.

Besides, I'm probably changing my avatar more often than anyone else, I just keep on finding things that I love and would be perfect (in my mind) for an avatar.

If all else fails, you can always look at member's sig's and see if that gives and indication of who's who.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do you see someone else's posts being spoken by their respective avitar?

No I do not see an avitar speaking a person's post.
But... just like Clint mentioned, I do associate an avitar with the owner's name(identity).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When someone changes their avitar, are you monentarily confused?

I don't get confused, I just have to readjust to the new avitar (a current example is EST's current avitar change).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't get confused, I just have to readjust to the new avitar (a current example is EST's current avitar change).

What you talkin' about? You're seein' things, bro!
tounge.gif

I'll add a signature image or something so people don't forget me. haha

I don't see posts as being written or spoken by the avatar picture; however, the avatars do help me with who posted what in long threads.

Speaking of avatars, I need to make one... One of these days.

xvart.

usually i just get used to it too. but i also dont look at the names very often unless they are new and/or i have never seen their avatar... PAk-Ollie, 0zzy-...ozzy?, nepenthes_ak- his judith finn, JLAP- his hedgehog or a bottle of pills, and then nepenthes gracilis and LleopardGgecko have almost the same avatar but LG has orange writing. and then elgecko has his hamata!
Alex

Yeah!

Speaking of Avitars, I'm thinking about just sticking without one like xvart

I like one but im never happy with mine, but this one works
smile.gif

Finch, i can relate.

there's someone on another board who has Butters from Southpark as their avatar- drives me crazy!! everytime i read one of their posts, i read it in Butters' voice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Nov. 29 2006,4:13)]Yeah!

Speaking of Avitars, I'm thinking about just sticking without one like xvart
I always wonder if people think I'm boring or not proud of my plants since I don't have an avatar. And one of these days I'll put one up and everyone will go wild and think I'm a new member!

xvart.

Back