What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchids growing on human skulls!

A leafless orchid would look KILLER(pun intended) on a skull! would be pretty cool, and you can find small leafless for reasonable prices now a days! They just need LOTS of humidity to do well.

-Jc

theres an idea JC. i am planning to place whatever orchid i use on the skull in a 10 gal tank for a mini greenhouse. i hope to do several of these.

I could see a small animal skull in a natural tank set up but the human skulls I looked at in the very first post gave me the creeps even if most of them were replicas. I don't think I could have that in my home anywhere. Actually, I know I wouldn't have one in my home anywhere. Do you all have wives that will let you have human skulls in your homes? Am I the only one getting the heevie jeevies over having a human skull on my coffee table?

It must be you.  I'm not getting the heevie jeevies over having a human skull on your coffee table.  I wouldn't want one though.

i have no interest in usig a human skull. however i did do one of these mountings today. i put a mini Cattleya hybrid on a deer skull. Darla hasnt noticed it yet though she has walked by it several times
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks for showing me you can buy real human skulls on ebay. Now you've planted the idea of making a drinking chalice out of one.

lol glad you think so Bruce
smile_n_32.gif

Yet another example of the red state - blue state divide.

you and that darn red/blue division.........you and i need to sit down and hash this crap out one of these days, its getting idiotic
smile_n_32.gif
.....................morning of day 3 and the wife still hasnt seen it, she has walked by the tank a couple dozen times.....and she says IM blind
smile_m_32.gif

I'll never give up that red-blue thing because I get such a kick out of it. I doubt my wife would notice it either, but my daughter (12) would see it the first time she entered the room. Maybe even before. What a pest.

come to think of it the girls(7 and 10) havent noticed either. not that i would expect them to. about 2 years ago it took them 3 days to notice their dogs wre no longer in the house.

as to the red/blue issue, what ever keeps yah happy, got any new issues? im currently smoldering over a states rights versus feds overstepping their power issue

I have a nice sized C. walkeriana f alba 'Tanya' growing in a basket of animal bones; it is quite vigorous. In Volume I of Cattleyas and their Relatives: The Cattleyas, Withner states that he once found an excellent specimen of C. walkeriana growing in a planter of a steer skull; they like the calcium.

C. walkeriana also likes to go MUCH dryer than most Catts.  Thats why they do much better mounted.  They also bloom from the ryzome unlike many cats the bloom from the tip of the Pbulb.

Back