What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid Pic

Hey all,
My orchid (Paph. Maudiae "Los Osos x Paph. Pulsar "I.C") recently open this week. Here's a pic:

122-2214_IMG.JPG

Isn't it a beauty?
blues.gif

Beautiful!
smile.gif
I've got to get pics of mine. I have one in flower and one in bud.

Speaking of...I need to get back to watering the orchids. NOT fun.

I wish I could have seen my Paph. flower. They take soooooo long to open. It was starting to open after 2 1/2 weeks of waiting, and some one in the office moved an electric heater and it was hitting my plant. The flower dried up.
sad.gif

I know how you feel.... I had one in spike about 6 weeks ago. I watched it grow taller and fatter til it was just a day or so from popping. I was watering the paphs one day and I looked over and saw the spike bent over. I dashed over and found the stem snapped...
sad.gif
I was SOOO disappointed! And I don't even know how it happened! I can't imagine what did that...even if I had bumped it. But...there was about a 2 1/2" stem on it so I took it and put it in a container of warm water. And lo and behold if it didn't go on and bloom anyway! It opened fully. It didn't look as nice as when its on the plant, but I kept it over my kitchen sink so I could see it every day and it lasted almost as long as a bloom still attached to the plant. So I did get to enjoy it in a way. It wasn't a total waste. But it is a big disappointment to lose a bud like that as it takes so long to get one and you know that's it for that particular growth point.
rock.gif
Elgecko...I feel your pain.
smile.gif

Very nice. My Howeara just opened up last week. Here's a pic:

1019Hwra.jpg

Wow...that's just lovely! Nice looking plant.
smile.gif

Hey all,
I recently got my second orchid which is a Phalaenopsis. Below is the picture of it:

123-2338_IMG.JPG

Wow,nice plants Eric.

Jerry

That's a beauty!

Back