What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid photos

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Here are some photos of a few orchids in bloom.  Some are from last fall which I never got posted.  The rest are currently in bloom.

compphrag.jpg

This is Phragmipedium Grande...its very first flower back last September.  I took a lot of pics but never got a really good one.  
rock.gif
 The tendril petals got about 9" long.

compblmem.jpg

This is also from last fall..... Bl. Mem. 'Bernice Foster'...a lovely yellow with maroon specking.

officephalC3-04RS.jpg

officephalD3-04RS.jpg

officephalF3-04RS.jpg

This is an un-ID'ed phal I got from the market next door to my office for $1.  
smile.gif
  Its leaves were droopy and torn and it was out of bloom...but look at it now.  
biggrin.gif

macxraisinpie3-04RS.jpg

Currently in bloom...Paphiopedilum Macabre x Raisin Pie.  I love the speckles.

paphblackcherryRS.jpg

This is Paphiopedilum 'Black Cherry'...a beautiful dark black/maroon color. Very appropriately named...its the color of black cherries. Makes me want some Cherry Garcia ice cream.

Well I think that's all of them...so far.  We'll see what the spring brings.  
smile.gif

Suzanne

Great shots Suzanne,

I particularly like the Phragmipedium and Brassolaelia.

Sean.

Very nice collection of orchids, Suzanne.

Very nice photos PAK.
Paphiopedilum Macabre x Raisin Pie...that is quite a name.  Did Spectabilis come up with that one?
laugh.gif

Just kiddin' there Spec.

Thanks everybody.  They are just a feast for the eyes.  
biggrin.gif
 More people ought to try orchids.

I wish I could see/photograph the terrestrial orchids like Sean can though.  They are awsome.  
smile.gif

Yeah Lauderdale...interesting name. I'd like to see the Macabre parent. The plant actually looks mostly like its Raisin Pie parent.

Spec...you know what macabre means? Or how its pronounced? Its a good word to know...especially around Halloween.
smile.gif

Oooh, love the Phrag! The trailing petals are so cute
biggrin.gif

Just wait til they hit 30" Larry. Err...in a few years....IF I'm lucky!
cool.gif

Nice! Gotta love the paph! I wish orchids werent so expensive I`d try one,but $15 bucks on sale for a half dead one at lowes......I`ll pass.

Pond Boy, join a local orchid society, you'll be able to find great deals.

P. Grande does not produce petals that long, P.A.K.
I think your confusing it with one of its parents, or Paph. sanderianum.

Back