What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oops...

Um, I went away for a day and came home to dry sundew seeds. I was gone for less then 12 hours and the water evaporated! Uh, so you think they will be okay or did I just kill my babies. ANd of corse, the ONE that doesn't dry out is my "weed" ones lol.

This is why I use zip-loc bags when germinating seed. No worries about unexpected drying out.
sad.gif

Actually, if they hadn't germinated yet, it shouldn't hurt them, but might slow germination a little. I wouldn't worry, unless they had already germinated. Then it would be a disaster (only if the soil is dry, if it is still moist, they would probably be fine).

Don't give up hope, I have had pots get almost bone dry and still the seedlings survived. The ziplock bag is a good way to go to prevent drying of the mix.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Oct. 07 2002,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't give up hope, I have had pots get almost bone dry and still the seedlings survived.  The ziplock bag is a good way to go to prevent drying of the mix.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
oh, my planted seeds are okay, it was my water ones that went
tounge.gif

I see. Well, just get them wet and keep them wet, perhaps they were not harmed by this experience.

I still recommend a zip-loc to slow down the evaporation, if the containers will fit in one. I use small juice glasses when I am using this technique, I can fit four of them into a quart size zip-loc.
confused.gif

Back