What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only in America....

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I saw this at another non-cp forum I go to and thought it was funny.

1. Only in America .....can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America .....are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America .....do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America .....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke. (GUILTY)

5. Only in America .....do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America .....do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America .....do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America .....do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'

10. Only in America .....do they have drive-up ATM's with Braille lettering.

Well what if the handi caped want to watch their brother play hockey or skate around the rink, or something silly like that?

Don't knock where handicapped parking spaces are. I have one of those tags. NOW people can see a handicap. They couldn't see it when it was "JUST" fibro. With a walker, people understand.

People are way too quick to judge who belongs in a handicapped parking space.

We got SERVED. I guess I didnt think of that.

*Cough cough* You weren't supposed to over-think that Cody...

do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

I've seen that statement before and it kinda irks me because I drink diet drinks because I prefer them to regular. They aren't as sweet. Ordering a diet drink isn't always because one is on a diet or trying to eliminate calories. I drink my iced tea without sugar and its almost impossible to find unsweetned tea in bottles. Its always soaked with corn syrup. UGH. Give up sugar in your tea for 2 weeks and you'll never go back.

Anyway...those are funny things. :D I just hate that diet drink statement because it assumes there is no other reason for ordering diet soda other than you're trying to save calories. (Not to mention the fact that there are about as many calories in a soda as a candy bar...so at least if you order a burger and fries, you ARE saving yourself quite a few calories with the diet drink. :rolleyes: )

Man you people are think-y today lol. Have you tried Coke Zero? I like the new diet Coke Plus, too. It's sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium and tastes way better (to me at least) than regular diet Coke that's just sweetened with aspartame.

Iced tea without sugar? My idea of iced tea is that it should be so sweet it's practically hummingbird food.

I tried unsweetened tea once. Tastes more like medicine than a drink. Blagh!

Regular Mountain Dew has it's death grip on me. 8(

how in the hell can anyone like the taste of aspertame?!?!........it has about the funkiest dang aftertaste ive ever come across........cant stand the stuff be it in pop candy or whatever..........also cookies made with Splenda are cruel, you feel ripped off biting into one of those expecting a good cookie and tasting THAT!!............

I've seen that statement before and it kinda irks me because I drink diet drinks because I prefer them to regular. They aren't as sweet. Ordering a diet drink isn't always because one is on a diet or trying to eliminate calories.

Really? I've always thought they tasted sweeter with the fake stuff in them. Hmm, the power of the toungue!

I drink my iced tea without sugar and its almost impossible to find unsweetned tea in bottles. Its always soaked with corn syrup. UGH. Give up sugar in your tea for 2 weeks and you'll never go back.

HA! I did that for 3 weeks when I went to Europe. I am a TRUE home grown southern boy and can't stand tea w/o sugar! I don't buy it in bottles, I make it with REAL sugar. Actually, since my mom got into the health food thing, she started buying raw and sugar that hasn't had as many things done to it. I do agree, "high fructose corn syrup" is NOT healthy. Unfortunately it is very hard to find drinks in the states that don't have it in them. We seem to be about the only place in the world that uses them. Everyone else that I know of uses sugar.

how in the hell can anyone like the taste of aspertame?!?!........it has about the funkiest dang aftertaste ive ever come across........cant stand the stuff be it in pop candy or whatever..........also cookies made with Splenda are cruel, you feel ripped off biting into one of those expecting a good cookie and tasting THAT!!............

I hate aspartame and all other artificial sweeteners. Most all of them have health-risks attached to them that can be pretty severe. EVEN "splenda" or w/e the stuff is that's "derived" from real sugar. If it's derived from it, then just leave it alone. If you don't believe me on health risks, just type in a google for any artificial sweetener and add side effects to the end of it. The fakes will never compare to the real deal in my humble 2-cented(I know that's not a real word w/o the "s" but that would change the WHOLE meaning! LOL) opinion. A better "Only in America..." would be:

Only in America can you get 10 different kinds of artificial sweetners that ALL have health risks more severe or just as severe as regular plain old cane sugar.:jester:

OH OH, I just thought of another. Only in America can you order Large, Xtra Large and Grande w/o the option of a small OR medium.

Only in America is a Medium t-shirt a Large in the UK.

Only in America is a Medium t-shirt a Large in the UK.

thats cause Brits are lil guys :grin: i wear a XL t-shirt cause its to damn hard to find a large tall.........

i grew up on home cooking......weekends in the winter meant homemade bread, buns, cookies, lefse, danish butterhorns, cinnamon rolls, caramel rolls, cinnamon bread ect, ect, ect.................artificial sweeteners are the work of the devil :grin:

Really? I've always thought they tasted sweeter with the fake stuff in them. Hmm, the power of the toungue!

My best friend always hated, hated, HATED diet drinks. Refused to drink them. Then she did go on an actual diet where she couldn't drink regular sodas. At first she complained...but NOW...she says she doesn't like how sweet regular sodas taste. She voluntarily gets diet sodas now. hahaHA! I brought her to the dark side. :devil:

Just like putting sugar in tea...at first its a big taste change and you think yuk. But if you give it a chance for a period of time, you adjust to it. I grew up in the south drinking sweet tea (real sugar), lemon and sometimes mint. I don't even recall how I got switched. When you drink sweet tea...you're mainly tasting the sugar and not the tea flavor. So why not just mix a bunch of sugar in water and drink it? That's all you're doing by putting sugar in tea. :-P-:

Really...to each his or her own but...unsweetened tea is GREAT! So crisp and clean. :)

My favorite soda is diet coke, I think regular taste aweful!:puke:

I taste no difference in sweetness of diet or regular soda, just carbonation levels and aftertastes.

Splenda is the only artificial sweetner I like and I find it tastes a sweeter than regular suger. I base that on how much I use to sweeten drinks. I find that where I once used a tablespoon of suger in my tea, I only use 1 pkt of Splenda. The other sweetners leave a nasty aftertaste that lingers for hours and Splenda doesn't leave any aftertaste.

Back