What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online cp seed sources

Why thank you!  I can't take credit though.  A friend got me started a month ago. He gave me the S. miner and one of the s. flavas.  The other two are all that is left of what I ordered to get something going at a school.  The gifts from my personal friend will stay but the other two will ultimately be transferred.  I have my eye on a few that I want for myself personally thanks to all the pictures in another thread.  Peter you have got to go check out this thread-

<a href="http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin/ib312/ikonboard.cgi?
s=0aaa3e4802ceda4bf28449a4dc64d803;act=ST;f=8;t=14029" target="_blank">Pictures</a>

I have a dial up and I have been loading image after image as I went from page to page ever since I found that thread. I then broke down and went to a friend's house to take a looksee as I got frustrated when only half an image was loading.  I swear I don't see how people will be able to avoid a 12 step program after they peruse what is over there!  

Here's what caught my eye-
Flava var. Maxima (all green)
'Leah Wilkerson'
Hurricane Creek
alata x Citronelli
anthocyanin-free  psittacina x rubra jonesii
'Schnell's Ghost'
'Case's Resolve'
Rubra gulfensis "Green" x Leucophylla "Green"
alata x leuco

Do I have high hopes and wishful thinking or what!

You know, probably the best source of seed is the trading post forum here. There seems to be a little bit of everything available at any given time, and usually for free, or at least an SASE. As a matter of fact, I am giving away a bunch of Sarracenia seeds on there at this very moment.

Hi Laura,

I only purchased succulent seeds from Doug and Vivi Rowland primarily Lithops (living stones and Haworthia succulents).
The only CP seeds I ordered were Nepenthes ventricosa and Nepenthes madagascariensis (both of which germinated- encouraging since their shelf life is measured in months).
I also grew stapeliads (cool cactus with purple and yellow flowers that smell like rotting meat).

I'd have to agree that many forum members have extra seed
to spare for Sarraceniae.

Good luck,
Kirk

P.S. What part of the country/world are you growing in?

I can help out with some D. spatulata seed.
I have several flower stalks on my D. capensis 'alba', but will be some time till they are ready to harvest.

For me personally, I am growing in northeastern Illinois. I am interested in the Sarrs but so is the school and the school comes first. The school is located in southeastern Wisconsin and the teacher is interested in anything but we have enough sundew plants now and they are beauties sent by a member of CP Listserve. We are only about 10 miles apart and both locations would be zone 5a. I think we are going to be looking for seed as the techer received a donation of an enclosed "greenhouse" looking thing from a lab that was updating their equipment. It's really neat and complete with special lighting.

Hi Kirk, Thanks for the info on what you ordered. I still may sit down and try to figure out a few seeds to order from them.

Hi elgecko, Thanks for your offer. One little packet of seed would be great and you pick and I'll get you an address. Thank you so much. Laura

Back