What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of my D. spatulata flower scapes branched!

Hello,
     My spatulatas have been flowering non-stop since November, and one of my flower scapes branched!!! but instead of having twice as many flowers, I only have half as many flowers on each branch, so there is still the normal amount of flowers... How often do the scapes of Drosera spatulata branch? thanks in advance-
Spec

It varies from variety to variety, and also depends on seasonal variations and cultural care. In my plants, branching is most common during the long days of summer, with more flowers also being produced then. This also is affected by the fact that in the summer the plants can capture prey in addition to the suns energy.

Have you noticed how the sepals do not close over the seed pods, but remain reflexed - sort of star like if you were to look straight down the bud?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Mar. 05 2003,11:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have you noticed how the sepals do not close over the seed pods, but remain reflexed - sort of star like if you were to look straight down the bud?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Kinda, I don't really see the star shape that good though, and I've never seen a spatulata flower while open...

Back