What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG! Ceph Seeds!!!

I think that one of my cephalotus seeds germinated!!! It has been less than (I think) four monthes!!! What does a FRESHLY germinated ceph plant look like? Mine is like a green thing that MAY unfold into leaves sticking straight up out of the middle of the seed... IS THIS IT?!?!?!? WoW!!!

the first 2 leaves (cotyledons) are 'normal' little oval thingswith a tiny vertical stalk. the next ones will be tiny little pitchers. hope they are the real mcoy!

There are TWO!
One of them has unfolded it's leaves, and they are flat (on top of their stalk or course), and the other one is still waiting to open.

Should I repot them yet? I thinkin they'll get better conditions if I do... they are close to an outcropping of indestructible fungus... Little black balls, and green shields... I obviously dont know scientific names, but I dont feel 100% comfortable with the baby ceph's bein there...

I read that you should repot them into their permanent homes... To me, I cant see a baby seedling. Hows a four inch pot for their first years?

What kind of medium to you suggest?

Thanks a WHOOOLE lot!!!

sounds like algae or liverwort, not fungus, but repot if unsure. i use sarr mix, approx 2:1:1   peat:perlite:sand
try not to repot too much.
biggrin.gif

Back