What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old vs. New (DSC-9 vs. S8100)

• Thread starter Brokken
  • Start date
So I decided to get something slightly newer than my old DSC9 Sony Camera. I'm still learning how to use it and I do realize after looking at the pics that the focal point was different in the two shots but still... a much cleaner shot:

Sony DSC-9:
cp-aug2011-truncxeppi001.jpg

Nikon Coolpix S8100:
cp-aug2011-truncxeppi002.jpg

I realize that cameras are only tools and the majority of how a picture turns out is in the skill of the person using it. I will admit - I'm a point and shoot type guy - so any feedback is welcome.

pics on different days with slightly different angle? Some things might also be post processing. One taken later in the evening with a flash and the other the Nikon early afternoon? Light temperature/color changes over the course of the day. In the end it is what ever works to tell the story :)

pics on different days with slightly different angle? Some things might also be post processing. One taken later in the evening with a flash and the other the Nikon early afternoon? Light temperature/color changes over the course of the day. In the end it is what ever works to tell the story :)

The DSC9 taken in the morning while the Coolpix was taken just now. They ARE on different days.

something x ephippiata? Either way, both pics look pretty darn good!

Uhm, they're both great and a totally stunning plant :love:

I have a Coolpix S8000 wonder what the difference is? It's a great point and shoot with one hand.

My old Coolpix 5700 HAD to be on a tripod to get any decent shots out of it. This one is far more handy!

something x ephippiata? Either way, both pics look pretty darn good!

That's pretty good! :) Truncata x ephippiata. Most plants I've seen of this type are red. At first I thought I got a dud as the pitchers were mostly green, but it's starting to look pretty nice and prefer it to the usual coloration! :)

I have the coolpix s8100. I love it for the price:).

Better colors on the second one.

Back