I think I made a bad mistake I put boiled water(cooled) on it yesterday after I found if half dead was that a mistake ?
I just found out how to make distilled water now I'll use that way Is the dirt contaminated after I put the boiled water on it?
i use to buy distiled water from the jugs from the store, but i dont think the boiled water works well becuase people in differ areas have differ amounts of stuff inthere tap water, this is what i use now, my dad told me the drainage pipe of the AC, he water that comes out is distilled water,
i tried it on a vft for a couple weeks, it grew, didnt die at all, so now i get my distilled water from the drainage water pipe from teh AC, it has saved me lots of cash, and all i do is take a empty milk jug (1 gal) and stick it under the pipe and it drips im guessing 5 gallons of water a day? from dawn till dusk
i just keep the same 1 galon there and i use it for my plants and it refills in like 2 hours, its just dripping water, which is distilled, try it out see if it works, i personally think thats betetr than boiled tap water, and its much cheaper and saves loads of time, i could have like 8097987698786958 jugs of water right now but i just keep that one there, when my collection expands ill have 2, switching intervals, hehe
all i can say is try it on 1 plant for a couple weeks and if nothing happens its ok
When I first got my plant I watered it with straight tap water and fed it raw hamburger meat for about a month. Shows ignorance isn't always bliss. I fixed that and it took about a month to recover but they're pretty hardy plants. If it was the water I think it'll be okay. Good Luck.
By boiling the water you have concentrated the minerals and chlorine, which exactly what you didn't want to do!
Gently dig the plant out and put it in a jug of distilled water to rinse all the salts off. Repot it in some sphagnum peat moss.
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I just found out how to make distilled water now I'll use that way [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
What do you mean by make distilled water It's really not very expensive to use distilled water from jugs. I suggest that.
If you don't see it in supermarkets, try an auto supply store! You're supposed to use distilled water in your car, so you might find it there.
There's a slim chance that your tap water is pure enough. Boil a gallon down to the bottom, if you don't see anything while or crunchy then you're good to go (unlikely)
You can buy distillation units but they're expensive. If you make your own, you have to boil water, collect the steam rising from it, condense it with cold and there ya go. I think the cheapest and easiest way would be to collect condensation. Dig a hole outside, place plastic tarp over hole with small hole cut in plastic, weigh it down so the water will to the center and down plastic hole, into a cup you've placed there.