What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh! for the love of COLD!

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Hey All,
Most of you don't know/remember me. It's been a while since I posted. It's an off and on thing. Anyway, I was observing my babies outside a little while ago and caught these pics. It's about 19*F with 11mph winds(feels like 8*F) and the snow we got last night is beautiful. Anyway here are the pics.

A VFT buried under leaves and snow.
192040065O239159869.jpg

The same VFT
192040083O123254390.jpg

Sarracenia 'Dixie Lace' (It's got to be cold!)
192040084O139007683.jpg

S. Catsbei with its little blanket
192040129O762338231.jpg

S. Purpurea; it seems to be the happiest of them. You can even see the seed pod from last year. I let them do their own thing, unless I think I'm compromising the plant.
192040134O980532838.jpg

Enjoy the winter, and eagerly await the spring!

~Wes~

Yeah, we have the remnants of melting show here, too. My mom went up to the mountains just for the snow and now she came home and is going to florida because my second cousin's brother had a stroke.

Lol, she loves the snow but never gets to see it lmao

The snow is wonderful. I'm hoping to end up further north where they get Lake Effect snow.

Sorry about your second cousin's brother. There seem to be lots of strokes happening these days.

im relying on the snow we had for the survival of my plants! we are mainly getting freezing wind this year and that has already killed ALL of my VFTs(maby only 1 can survive...lets wait until spring) and my main S. flava has died off...hopefully itll come back but my other 3 sarras are looking "ok" and so is my D. filiformis ssp filiformis. i live in kentucky (zone 6).
good luck with yours!
Alex

Just cause they look dead above ground doesn't always mean they're dead below ground. I've had some close calls before. I'm a zone 6 as well. Just barely, but it can get pretty cold in the winter around here.

Back