What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

off balance

My vft is really small and is in a small pot. It is also really close to one of the sides. I notice that it is also very weak, I could push one of it's few leaves and the whole plant will just collapse. should i just take it out of the pot and re-plant it in the middle. Also, it seems that i drain the pot every day, and by the end of the day its extremely soggy, the water in the dish is only an inch high and for some reason the whole pot gets soaked. the pot is only 3 inches high, so ill try filling the dish to .65 of an inch. i just want the vft to be very stable in the pot.

What kind of soil are you using? Also how long have you had the vft and were did you get it from? Some places have know idea on how to take care of vfts. In which you may want to wait. Just may take a couple days or weeks for it to come out of shock. And since domancy is around the corner I would not worry about repotting until spring or so. Just some light and some tender loving care it should recover. I may also not require dormancy if it is a really young plant. So in the end I would not touch the plant, yet.

Hope that helps,
travis
smile.gif

One other thing. Just keep about an inch of water in the tray just like you have it. It may be moist but that is ok - should just hit a certain moist point after awhile. Which is good.

travis

Back