What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off and On

Hi ya'll,

I've been growing CPs off and on throughout my life but now that I've permanently moved down to Houston, TX (originally from NJ), I want to start fueling my hobby more passionately.  At this point in time, I still think of myself as a newbie (of 15 years) since I still haven't figured out the quirks of some carnivores (especially sundews).  I finally bought my first 2 pots of D. capensis and REALLY really want them to become the weeds that experienced growers talk about.
smile.gif

Cheers,
Johnny

Welcome to TF! I think we dialogued a bit when you were in NJ.

hmmm I think I remember that....but on another forum, perhaps?
smile_m_32.gif

thanx for the welcome

Welcome! If you really want those D. capensis to go wild, get them a nice, big, deep pot, put them outside, then harvest the flower stalks and put all the seed they produce back into the pot for a season or so. And keep them away from your other pots! My D. capensis live in an entirely different room of the house once they reach flowering age. :)
Best luck,
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ April 06 2006,11:33)]Welcome! If you really want those D. capensis to go wild, get them a nice, big, deep pot, put them outside, then harvest the flower stalks and put all the seed they produce back into the pot for a season or so. And keep them away from your other pots! My D. capensis live in an entirely different room of the house once they reach flowering age.
smile.gif

Best luck,
~Joe
Yep, what Joe said is true. Give them lots of light, and you will have tons of flowers and eventually seeds. Also, welcome to TF.
smile.gif

thanks to all

i will try those tips out

Back