What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not your average S. leucphylla 'Tarnok' (Nep Lover $28)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening bid $10.

Up for bid is a flowering-sized specimen of S. leucophylla 'Tarnok'.

"So, what?" you say. Thanks to the miracle of tissue culture, there are maybe 1 million clones of this thing floating around. No, thanks.

This particular specimen, however, is from a division of the original plant that was provided to Agristarts III by Coleman Tarnok himself for the original tissue culture project. It was given to me by owner Mike Rinck on a visit there many years ago.

So this one is special, in a plant-nerdy sorta way. And if you're weren't a plant nerd, you wouldn't be here, now, would you?

I now have enough to share ... or in this case, to donate to a good cause.

If you haven't yet seen the sepaloid flower that is the signature of this cultivar, you can find it here, courtesy of the CPUK forum, via the CP Photo Finder.

http://www.cpukforum.co.uk/uploader/user_uploads/TarnokflowerHJS06.jpg

Shipping will be via USPS priority mail with tracking ($5.80) and will be the responsibility of the bidder. U.S. bidders only, please.

Please PM me or e-mail jay.lechtman@gmail.com with questions or for more information.

Payment has been received by the NASC. You are free to ship!

The lucky winner has decided on a local pickup. This way she gets the plant in flower (and maybe a few extra goodies thrown in as well?)

Aww thanks J im free all week/weekend so let me know what day and time works for you

This one's a wrap. Nep came by and picked up her prize :).

Yup picked up on the 19th all is good and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back