What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wrong oreo, my other one died it well it had algae all over the soil and it's rhizome was kinda mushy.
i kept the soil only moist during dormancy... Why?

It could have been Borytis or Fusarium, fungi that commonly cause rhizome rot in Sarracenia. S. oreophila tend to like slightly drier conditions than most other Sarracenia. Algae could suggest too much moisture or abundance of nutrients. Or perhaps it wasn't prepared for dormancy or the change of conditions were too much for it. It could have been anything.

Upper: S. oreophila typically develop pitcher growth before flowers, but as always with living organisms many of the rules are not hard and fast.

It could have been Borytis or Fusarium, fungi that commonly cause rhizome rot in Sarracenia. S. oreophila tend to like slightly drier conditions than most other Sarracenia. Algae could suggest too much moisture or abundance of nutrients. Or perhaps it wasn't prepared for dormancy or the change of conditions were too much for it. It could have been anything.

Upper: S. oreophila typically develop pitcher growth before flowers, but as always with living organisms many of the rules are not hard and fast.

should I take an inch of water out of its tray.. I live in western oregon and we get plenty of rain here I could drill a hole alittle bit lower in the water tray and that would become the new water level.
it has a pitcher developing too.

Back