What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not remembering log-in?

Hi
Since the changes to the forum recently I am finding I am a "guest" everytime I come to this site and need to "log-in". Before it used to "remember me" as I chose that option. That option is still chosen but it is not working. Is this a known glitch?

cheers

bill

Hi,

Yes it is a known issue. It will go away as soon as we tell the forums that it is on the new server. It is on the new server, but it does not know it is part of petflytrap.com, which is why your cookies (which store your username and password) are being lost. Sorry that's a condensed version of a more technical explanation.

Basically, to avoid logging in, when you are prompted with the screen saying you are a guest, click on _any_ link besides login, and you will be shown as logged in.

This should be fixed within the week, still waiting for one name server to point at the new petflytrap server (which is supposed to take 48 hours, but has been over a week).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

And now that I have given that long-winded explanation, we finally were able to make the necessary changes. You should have to login once more, and then there should be no more issues.

Thanks for your patience,
Pat

I was having this same problem and solved it myself. I never got around to updating my favorites link. And you guys finally made it so it didn't bring up the "update your link... we are redirecting you" thing so it just took you to the page. Well, one I finally did update it. I have no more problems. So, if you have not updated your favorites link. Do it!
Andrew

Pat:
Thats what I am saying. Now that I DID update it... Everything is working fine. Not getting the message. And it is remembering my log in.
Andrew

Having updated my bookmark I am still being described as "guest" on the home page. But when I go into any of the forums I am shown as "logged in", so thats alright
smile.gif

Aren't computers fun
tounge.gif

cheers

bill

Computers are just a plastic box full of more plastic and rocks.

smile.gif

BCK

Back