What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not new here, but been a really long time

What went into getting the import permit?

Nothing really. Just fill out an application with the USDA of what you are importing and what country it is coming from. I'm still a little unclear as to whether this is a one-time permit or not. They were supposed to send me stickers that I then have to send to the shipper and they put the stickers on the boxes that they send. I haven;t gotten those yet, and I don't know if I have to go through this process every time I want to order or not. I guess if I was ordering something different from another country I might have to. This order is from Borneo Exotics.

Every time I read your forum name, I'd think of a danged camel...

LOL, when I read that at first I thought it said damaged camel, and I was trying to figure out, damaged in what way?

I remember as well! Congratulations on continuing your education; even without kids, that's no small feat. From the sound of it, they're still at home? I think you'll probably need plants just for the cool-down time. You might also try Sea-Monkeys.

LOL, I tried Sea Monkeys and they wouldn't hatch. I used to paint but then my baby came along and I have no spare time to paint. I geocache as well when I can. And I love to play games on the Internet.

I am 31 and my kids are 10 (almost 11), 8, and 3. Things will be so much easier when the little one gets in school, because right now child care is a big pain in the butt and wallet.

I failed my first class. Up until now I have had all A's and B's but I made a D so I will have to retake Anatomy and Physiology of the Hearing Mechanism. I am going to try to be a psychologist and so I need to keep my grades up to get into their doctorate program, a D will not do.

I quit my job as a medical transcriptionist to go back to school, but still needed money for gas and lunch, etc. so I opened an ebay store and started selling divisions and rootings of my plants. What started as a part time thing has turned into full time, and I now spend most of the day either taking care of plants, packing them, sending invoices, or answering questions from potential buyers. I started out on ebay because that seemed simplier, but as it has grown I am thinking of opening my own internet store. I just haven't gotten around to it yet so I'm still on ebay. I got a business license and even an import permit so I can buy from just about anywere now. It's fun! Even though it has turned into a "real" job, it is still something that I love to do, so I am enjoying it.

I just bought a P. medusina and a Tarnok from you on ebay. Thanks for the very nice plants. I have been on here for a while lurking and recognized the user name. I love getting plants in the mail, it's like Christmas in June.

Cool, how in the world did you find me on ebay? If you would have told me you are a forum member I would have thrown in a bonus - I usually do when I know the person from a forum. Next time, let me know!

I thought I posted to this way back when but...I remember you! :) Welcome back.

They always come home.... :D

I'm still working on my import permit so I can buy from Borneo Exotics. I've moved since I started the application process so I have to change all that, and now I find out that I do have to have a CITES import permit as well, which costs 70 bucks. *sigh* This is a lot of trouble.

Welcome back and good luck dealing with the red tape. It can be done just be clear and persistent !!

Not new here but been a really long time

the philthyspoon sent me a PM asking me how come im not here been here for days mate, the **** that PM was all about thanks anyway, appreciate the gesture.

hey AJ, glad you made it.

Back