What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norton internet security 2005 new

Hi everyone,
first of all if this isn't allowed, mods please delete the message and im sorry about it.

I bought a Norton internet security 2005 program with license for 3 user, that means it can be installed into 3 different computers.

i wanna trade 1 'use' of this (legal) - for a legal, not cracked norton systemworks 2005
Its easy to trade over the internet, download the trail then trade serials

i might also trade it for a cool program like dragon naturally speaking or something like that, or maybe an irresistable CP offer, but CP offers will be hard because i live in singapore
smile_h_32.gif

PM/email me to make a deal

Norton Internet security is great, look at this:

Norton Internet Security 2005

And heres prove that i have the program
NIS.sized.jpg

Thanks!

Not to rain on this fellows parade, but I'd recommend against using Norton Internet Securtiy/Norton Firewall. All it does is create more problems than it fixes/prevents.

why? does it mean ive wasted my money?

ive used it before and it works fine for me

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All it does is create more problems than it fixes/prevents.

?H-O-W?

Any other comments/suggestions?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fygee @ Jan. 09 2005,4:19)]Not to rain on this fellows parade, but I'd recommend against using Norton Internet Securtiy/Norton Firewall. All it does is create more problems than it fixes/prevents.
Now that you've "rained on his parade", care to elaborate?

I have nortons 2005. A friend told me about this site its free and works way better then nortons www.lavasoft.com. I ran this program and found 310 critical errors even with nortons 2005 on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ Jan. 10 2005,5:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fygee @ Jan. 09 2005,4:19)]Not to rain on this fellows parade, but I'd recommend against using Norton Internet Securtiy/Norton Firewall. All it does is create more problems than it fixes/prevents.
Now that you've "rained on his parade", care to elaborate?
Well, I work at the Geek Squad at Best Buy, and at least 50% of the computers with NIS installed either give its users constant grief, or cause their internet connection to cut out or not work at all. Its also a giant resource hog. I recommend just purchasing Norton Antivirus '05 and not dealing with Norton Firewall at all as the one that comes with Windows is just fine for the average home user and doesn't kill your net connection.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have nortons 2005. A friend told me about this site its free and works way better then nortons www.lavasoft.com. I ran this program and found 310 critical errors even with nortons 2005 on.

That's because Ad-Aware is a spyware/adware detection/removal tool, whereas Norton detects and removes virii, and detects some spyware but doesn't remove it. So yeah, you need both.

Norton is good, but when your subscription service runs outs, you're out a few dollars and Norton is so nice to leave little fragments of itself all over your hard drive, thus having the total removal of Norton quite tedious and time consuming. I'd say it certainly would be a good program if the people making software nowadays would sell something that is USEFUL to the public, not a hassle or lemon.

Well, Ive used Norton products and ad-aware for years and it works great for me, it detects virus on my computer and deletes it. Ive had no problem and no hassle with them yet.
Anyone got other Virus removing program suggestions?

Where I work we use McAfee.

Hi
I had virus last year that hijacked norton and disabled all my drivers really knackered up the pc.Had to nuke the thing and start again,runs sweet now and i have had no probs with norton antivirus 2005.As for your subscrition running there are programs that can help with that
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now Julian

The only thing I really like(d) about Norton is how thorough it is. It checks everything. McAfee is more of quick scan program, that indeed does pick up the nasties but doesn't do the job I would prefer as Norton does.

For firewalls- Black Ice, McAffee, or Zone Alarm which happens to have a freeware version of its firewall.

Norton is a system hog and it did create issues for me.

For antivirus- VCatch heuristics, McAfee or Sophos, and AVG (free version of that available).  You can always run online scans at sites such as trend micro or panda though. Remembering to do so would become bothersome.  

As far as AdAware... it's ok. I prefer SpyBot Search and Destroy (free)combined with Pest Patrol. But if you really removed 310 ickies after you ran AdAware, I would strongly suggest you download a winsock repair tool specific to your opperating system and save it to your desktop before you even attempt to run one of those programs in the event you have an ickie that replaced strings. Trust me on this one if you want to ever connect to the Internet again in the near future.  Do you go to sites such as KaZaA, Morpheus, or BearShare?  

Why don't you consider getting a download manager that runs in the back ground while you are surfing the net. A lousy download manager saved my rear a few times when I was on the Internet just poking around here and there over the past few years.

I am no computer geek.  A friend of mine set me up and it works.  All software is configured properly and is compatible.

Back