What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

northianas and serious photographers

Of photos taken in the wild we often find fresh clean healthy pitchers and clean refreshing environment, it was all the choosy photographers scrutinising the environment and plants that came across, ignore the plants and pitchers battered by the harsh tropical sun and unfriendly bugs, a waste of time setting up the equipmnt, made worse when ones have to wait for a windless moment to avoid blur pictures. Serious photography calls for patience, perfect lighting and fair judgement that has been built over the years.

photography would be easy if not for the strict assessors/examiners/judges if ones were to submit for, a photo contest, as an example.

A perfect limestone habitat and lighting offered by nature and that was one of th best location where i found these northianas.
The morning sun coming from behind, the limestone boulders acting as a backdrop,

DSC_7609.jpg

They look gorgeous, a reflection of the harsh environment, the rusty spots are nature not man made, a piece of natural history documentation.

DSC_7603.jpg

DSC_7622.jpg

The hands were for our judgement and size comparison - not for photo assesment and contest..ha..ha:-))

DSC_7626.jpg

DSC_7628.jpg

Thank you!

Makes me wanna get one.

Thanks Rob and Maxx.

I heard it is quite difficult to grow cultivation

It has to be grown in strict lowland conds, media should be well drain, dislike wet and soggy.

Wild pics are always the best! Great pics!

Fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing. N. northiana has such a variable and unique peristome. The last two pictures are fantastic and show the coloration differences in the wild. Great stuff.

xvart.

Wow! Thanks for sharing these pics. It's always nice to see Nepenthes in-situ, especially N. northiana. I've been meaning to get a N. northiana or two, but they are just so difficult to find! And it's a shame, beacause it's such a nice species - one of the most beautiful lowlanders, in my opinion.

...*sighs longingly*...

Thanks again for sharing. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for viewing Davy,Xvart and Jimmy.

I agreed it was one of the most beautiful lowlanders.

Oh! Awesome! Man~:0o:
I love nature.
Thanks for your sharing.

I’ve heard stories about how picky a photographer has to be for a nature picture but when it comes to N. northiana I’ve heard stories of people hanging off of cliffs and climbing trees to get a great photo. At any rate N. northiana is unbelievable, I hope one day mine can grow this large!

I’ve heard stories about how picky a photographer has to be for a nature picture but when it comes to N. northiana I’ve heard stories of people hanging off of cliffs and climbing trees to get a great photo. At any rate N. northiana is unbelievable, I hope one day mine can grow this large!

There are a handful adventurous ones but that will require extra climbing accessories. Not for me though. It can be grown to size equal to the wild just that there are still little understanding. Northiana requred very well drain media.

Back