What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Carolina Carnivorous Plant Society

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Is there such a thing as the North Carolina Carnivorous Plant Society?

sad.gif
 I may be wrong but I don't think that NC has a CPS. I think that is a real shame because in my opinion NC is the best place in the world for cp's. I'm from NC and I'm in NC right now.  
biggrin.gif
 And yes I've been loking for cp's today and I found some very good spots. Just wait for the pics.
tounge.gif

Do you live in NC?

I am from NC and I have lived most of my life in NC, but three years ago I moved to Ohio. I have learned that NC is the only home for me and I can't wait until I move back.

Yea, that is how it is with my brother, he lives in Baltimore, MD. He wants to move back sooo bad, but he has a job. His wife also misses NC. Where in NC did you live, and have you ever heard of Boone?

Of couse I've heard of Boone. I'm all the way on the other side of the state. I'm on the coast between Myrtle Beach SC and Wilimington NC. I live right in the middle of the Green Swamp. Where most of the vft's are.
I've done alot of traveling, I've been to about half of the 50 states, I've been to alot of other countries, and one thing I've discovered, There's no place like the Carolinas.

I think the closest you can get is joining the North Carolina Botanical Gardens society, as the gardens themselves house a very impressive Sarracenia collection. Just as California Carnivores is CP Mecca for West Coast ppl, we on the east coast make a pilgrimage to NCBG (I made mine last July. Such pretty colors...).

Hmm, do they have a website? Ozzy, you are 200% right about there being no place like the Carolinas, I prefer the mountains though. I think youre the first person on these forums that knows anything about Boone. LOL Hmm, someone ought to start a NCCPS. I know I'd join.

http://www.ncbg.unc.edu/

NC might not be the best place to find Carnivorous plants...Maybe it is the best place toi find Dionaes and Sarracenias, but Bornea, aah, the best place to find Nepenthes..:)

Borneo might be the best place to find nepenthes but The Carolinas is the best place to find cp's. NC is home to the Green Swamp. The Green Swamp has more cp's by volume and more cp species than any where else on Earth. There is more than 20 different speices in the Green Swamp. Find that in any other place in the world.

Go ozzy

Back