What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-terrarium CP\'s

I was interested in getting another plant but one that does not require a terrarium. My place is pretty dry and it would nice to have a CP by a window. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
T

Travis,

You can probably grow just about anything on a windowsill with just a little extra care. I'd suggest you start with D. capensis or one of the Mexican Pings. Utrics also work well on windowsills.

Pyro

Hey Travis,

There are some Nepenthes that can take drier conditions. Venus Flytraps also don't relly need the humidity. Sarracenia can be another good one.

I would place a post in the Nepenthes Topic and ask Tony's advice. He knows a great deal about Neps. and I trust his guidence.

Then you can post something in the Pitcher Plant forums and ask for Mike King's helps. He is the UK man for Sarracenia.

Now you have more options than you probably wanted
smile.gif

Sundews, Butterworts, Heliamphora all need high humidity. SO those wouldn't work.

good luck!

Let us know what you get :cheesy:

Thank you for the info, I wait until spring comes around in Michigan before get the plant(May). It will proble be a Tropical Pitcher (Nepenthes) plant of some sort. Since I already have a N. nentricosa, I would like to get a different Nepenthes of some kind.

Back