What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NoID Cattleya alliance Back devisions

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I have 5 back devisions of some Cattleya alliance hybred Orchids to give away.  I have a few rules for this giveaway.

1) Please respond in this thread.  I will PM YOU for details.

2) Any PMs sent before I send one regarding this givaway will negate your position.  (I don't mean to sound like a b***h or anything.  Its just that I don't want to be bombarded with PM.  I am working out trades with other people through the PMs and I would like to keep it orderly.  With it in the thread You will lock in your position.  Just give me a day or two to contact you.  The plants are not going anywhere. Thanks  
smile.gif

3)  Shipping will be $5.50 priority mail.  That should pay to Cali if one has to go that far.

4) ONE plant per person so the top 5.  I should have more in the future as this is just the first batch of NoID cattleyas I devided.

These are BACK DEVISIONS.  Many are just 3 or 4 leafless pbulbs with no actively growing lead, but they should wake up a dorment node and start growing.  They may just need some time acclimating to your conditions.  Catts are a higher light orchid, but keep them kinda shaded and humid untill new growth starts.  Then  start moving to about 50% shade at midday.  They can take morning sun and evening sun.

Hi, I am interested. I have a couple of orchids, some in my terrarium, and one in the windowsill. They are all doing great.

Hey I'll take one. I have one Catt that loves me (so far) so I'm sure I'll take good care of it.

I am interested if you still have any available.

Thanks for the offer.

Glenn

I may be interested.
Do you have a picture of the plant in flower?

Now thats the thing.  These came to me as NoIDs, and I haven't bloomed most of them yet.  The plants they were from were huge in 8 and 10 inch pots.  From the looks of what has bloomed and what I have heard others say they bloomed out they are more than likely lavenders.  I did bloom a red one, but its in the green house with a spontanious capsule I will try to flask.  There was 2 others to bloom, but I can;t tell you if these came frm those plants or not.  Some pots had 2 plants each in them and it was a pain trying to get them seperated and out of the old mix.  These are back bulb devisions that should wake up.  They are between 3 and 4 Pbulbs each.  Most are leafless!  Just the Pbulbs, but I have started plants with backbulbs before.  Sometimes it takes them a little bit to get back up to spead and flower, but they do.

A little trick that can be used is to put some damp sphagnum around the ryzome, and put them in a ziplock bag.  Every 2 days or so open the bag to let in fresh air.  Oh it needs to be in a place that gets light, but not dirrect untill it has started to grow and you pot it up.

That are 4 gone.  There is one more to go.

I will get exact shipping prices for people 5.50 was an estimate.  I just shipped to Cali today in a large priority box and it was 6.05.  It had 2 orchdis in it.

Here is a link of orchids for trade.  These are the front halfs of the devisions, but I am not sure what goes with what being NoID, and all.  There are two pictures from the two I know were in flower.  This may give you an idea, but I am not garenteeing any of these to look like these.  Those are just what has bloomed out.  Here is the link.
Josh's trade page

If you want to work out a trade for something on the page as well, I can forgo the shipping and just add it to the box with the trade stuff.

Hey,
I'll like that last one if that hasnt been taken.

Thanks

ok they are all taken. I will PM folks Thur or friday to finalize everything. I don;t ship except on Mon or tues so there should be time to get everything together.

Dyflam sorry about the rules, but everything in life has them from the universe to your body. Get used to it. There was a reason I didn't want to get flooded with Pms about it. I didn't want to get to may not to be able to respond to some trades that are in progress. Thanks everyone. The 5 different devisions will be chosen at random to go to each person. If you want a picture to make a final decision that is fine too. I will send it after I contact you thur or fri. Thanks everyone for understanding that I am just trying to keep things orderly on my end. I already have a hard enough time keeping everything straight! Soon to get better though I just took my last final today and I;m not going to school for the summer WOO HOO I'M FREEEEEEEEE

Back