What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No tv for cp

• Thread starter Sszvein
  • Start date
Hi guys!

I've read in a few places that one shouldn't put plants next to electrnic devices, such as tvs. But what is it about them that can harm the plants? Is it about the waves they emit?

Got curious again...
Thanks!

I have never heard that, but I am witness to the fact that magnets put in the soil a certain way can make marigolds take off. I want to try it with my cp's, but I need to track down the kid who did the experiment so I can get the data.

Growing plants to close to the TV can be very detrimental. This is predominantly caused by the plants inability to move away from the TV on its own. This tends to cause severe cases of plant lethargy. I have seen documented studies proving without a doubt that carnivorous plants grown to close to television sets mature into specimens with un-naturally violent tendencies toward non-carnivorous species.

This is very scary stuff, a real snapshot of the problems we are having with our youth. I shudder to think about what may happen when we start to introduce genetically engineered plants to television overexposure.

This stuff gives me the night sweats.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Steve

Euh...Steve? You're kidding, right?

LOL! I don't let my cps watch TV until all their homework is done.

Capslock

The TV lets of LOADS of heat while it is on, and this is not good for plants.

And I tottaly agree with Steve.

I let them watch Little Shop Of Horrors. They like it for some reason!
smile_m_32.gif

All I got to say is uh ohhhhh. Maybe the aluminum foil around the terrarium will block the waves....or...maybe it'll attract it. x_x

I wondered why my plants that I have by my TV have been growing so good.One vft is about 2' wide with 10" traps.LOL

Jerry

Sooo, it's a good thing to bring them up as viscious monsters then?

Absoluement!

Ah good, my tank is next to my tv, which I only use to play video games (with lots of fighting and spells and misc kabooms), so does that mean my plant will turn out becoming black mages and fighters? o_O! =D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L @ Sep. 28 2004,10:50)]Growing plants to close to the TV can be very detrimental. This is predominantly caused by the plants inability to move away from the TV on its own. This tends to cause severe cases of plant lethargy. I have seen documented studies proving without a doubt that carnivorous plants grown to close to television sets mature into specimens with un-naturally violent tendencies toward non-carnivorous species.

This is very scary stuff, a real snapshot of the problems we are having with our youth. I shudder to think about what may happen when we start to introduce genetically engineered plants to television overexposure.

This stuff gives me the night sweats.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Steve
This is really no laughing matter! Be afraid people! be very afraid....

S

i dont see why it would hurt them, or why you'd want to really. but it could have an affect on species that need total darkness at night to operate correctly.

I'm gonna grow a VFT INSIDE my TV....I wonder what'll happen. *imagines explosions*

Back