What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Housework Holiday

Well Im quite sure most of you will like no Housework day. Today is also Billie Holidays b-day.

Gee, that's a nice thought - but you have no idea how fast and how many dishes, towels, and laundry accumulate in one day - with four kids.
biggrin.gif

lol. well i don't work anyways lol but i am cleaning so i guess i'm not acknowledging the day.

wolkpackgurl, you can clean my place, too. no one has cleaned in a few days. (ew!... no one's eaten at home in like a week or two, so it's just mainly messy)
been bummed.. i don't give a... uh... ?poo? about cleaning right now.

jim, you can help her. you've got plenty of practice with all those kids i'm sure. i live in a small 1 bedroom apartment, so it will take you guys no time.

Jim,
I'll help you and wolfpackgurl.  I have nine years experience in housekeeping at Copper Mountain.  I've developed a fast method for cleaning my own house.  I give one days warning, then I toss out any thing that I don't have a use for or don't think is needed.  With three of us it should take a little less than half an hour
laugh.gif
!  Piece 'o cake!

smile.gif

BCK

i help all my friends clean house!! I'm such a weird person when it comes to cleaning!! I go bleach crazy!!!

Wow, you really need to come by my house Wolfpackgurl. I am a single guy living in a 4 bedroom house, so it tends to get a little messy at times
smile.gif

Almost every day is no housework day for me.

Girl, we NEED you!!!!!!!!!!

BCK, I've used that policy. I've also climbed into the dumpster one too many times.
tounge.gif
My motto is "When in Doubt, throw it out!" My wife and kids don't share that motto.
sad.gif

lol. my motto is when in doubt, store not throw it.

Jims got the idea and if I need it later I should have paid attention. Soooo much hangs around when you have kids and then you have to secretly throw trash away that others insist is useful for something. "I don't know where it is, It wasn't my turn to watch YOUR stuff".

Joe

I just spent an hour clearing the kitchen clutter (and I still have to do the cupboards and all the plastic containers).  I found a bag of Oreos that weren't too stale
tounge.gif
and  basically filled a trash bag with expired coupons, tins, etc.  This spring cleaning was waaaaaaay over due.  I figure if I spend 45 minutes a night I'll have it done in time to start all over again next spring.
laugh.gif

wow.gif

Of course I'll be in the dog house for what little I have done already (might have tossed something important), but it will be a clean dog house!  I have decided that if it was important, it shouldn't have been left laying around gathering dust to begin with.
tounge.gif

smile.gif

BCK

lol yup true!!!! my mom throws important stuff around and she throws stuff out but she never reads the stuff to make sure it's useless.

Someone once told me that if (it) goes through all four seasons without being used - then you don't need it.

my guy friend has a problem w/ collecting stuff he doesn't need. I promise you when I was helping him clean I had to fight w/ him to get him to throw out the most simple stuff.

I have to clean when my daughter isn't around for the same reason WPG. The things worthless, but "I want it just in case". So I toss it when she isn't there and it's seldom missed afterwards.

smile.gif

BCK

sport009.gif
Doesn't work with the wife, though. Those nights! The flashlight! The dumpster!

lol. he has paper he doesn't need. even food stuff that he has that he never uses.

My wife has the most useless #$%* that cannot be thrown away for some unknown reason even to her.
mad.gif
My daughter insists on keeping boxes and cartons to put the other junk in yet nothing ever gets thrown away (so she thinks
wink.gif
)

Joe

Back